Bring FDI in but keep migrants out of retail: Raj Thackeray
Mumbai: Ahead of the Bharat Bandh called by the Opposition on September 20 against FDI in retail, MNS chief Raj Thackeray on Tuesday came out in support of the government on the issue. But also wanted outsiders not to be given jobs in these outlets.
Raj Thackeray said, “There should be no opposition to FDI as locals are looting the country.”
The MNS chief also said that FDI in retail will definitely create job opportunities for the needy.
Key NDA ally Shiv Sena had already announced that they will not participate in the nationwide strike in protest against diesel price hike and FDI in retail.
Although, Shiv Sena executive president Uddhav Thackeray had said earlier that "we won`t participate in the Bharat bandh due to Ganeshotsav."
BJP-led NDA and UPA ally Samajwadi Party, along with a number of other non-UPA parties, have separately announced the bandh in protest against the diesel price hike and FDI in multi-brand retail.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- VIDEO: Shikhar Dhawan reveals impact of Yuvraj Singh in India dressing room