Bring FDI in but keep migrants out of retail: Raj Thackeray
Mumbai: Ahead of the Bharat Bandh called by the Opposition on September 20 against FDI in retail, MNS chief Raj Thackeray on Tuesday came out in support of the government on the issue. But also wanted outsiders not to be given jobs in these outlets.
Raj Thackeray said, “There should be no opposition to FDI as locals are looting the country.”
The MNS chief also said that FDI in retail will definitely create job opportunities for the needy.
Key NDA ally Shiv Sena had already announced that they will not participate in the nationwide strike in protest against diesel price hike and FDI in retail.
Although, Shiv Sena executive president Uddhav Thackeray had said earlier that "we won`t participate in the Bharat bandh due to Ganeshotsav."
BJP-led NDA and UPA ally Samajwadi Party, along with a number of other non-UPA parties, have separately announced the bandh in protest against the diesel price hike and FDI in multi-brand retail.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Actor Irrfan Khan stirs controversy over statement on Ramadan rituals
- Is triple divorce system an infringement of the Indian Constitution?
- Is triple divorce system an infringement of the Indian Constitution? - Part II
- Is triple divorce system an infringement of the Indian Constitution? - Part III
- Is triple divorce system an infringement of the Indian Constitution? - Part IV
- Vadra should be prosecuted for alleged suicide, if it was assisted, of his father: Subramanian Swamy
- Sachin Tendulkar's latest tweet proves that wherever he goes, India follows - See pic inside!
- Viral video: Kapil Sharma’s take on ‘Angrezipanti’ will make you respect your mother tongue even more
- Sharmila Tagore, Deepa Mehta among Oscar Academy's new members
- Manchester United target Neymar closing signing a new three-year deal at Barcelona