Bring FDI in but keep migrants out of retail: Raj Thackeray
Mumbai: Ahead of the Bharat Bandh called by the Opposition on September 20 against FDI in retail, MNS chief Raj Thackeray on Tuesday came out in support of the government on the issue. But also wanted outsiders not to be given jobs in these outlets.
Raj Thackeray said, “There should be no opposition to FDI as locals are looting the country.”
The MNS chief also said that FDI in retail will definitely create job opportunities for the needy.
Key NDA ally Shiv Sena had already announced that they will not participate in the nationwide strike in protest against diesel price hike and FDI in retail.
Although, Shiv Sena executive president Uddhav Thackeray had said earlier that "we won`t participate in the Bharat bandh due to Ganeshotsav."
BJP-led NDA and UPA ally Samajwadi Party, along with a number of other non-UPA parties, have separately announced the bandh in protest against the diesel price hike and FDI in multi-brand retail.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group launches 'Asha 2022' affordable housing scheme
- Soldier buried under avalanche found alive at Siachen glacier
- PM Modi praises Ekal Vidyalaya Foundation, deems mission successful
- Does religion teach gender discrimination?
- Panel discussion on detention of goat for grazing in bureaucrat's garden
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen
- See pic: Call for further study after discovery of baboon-like creature on Mars!