BSE, SEBI seek security staff from MSSC
Mumbai: The Maharashtra government on Thursday
told the Bombay High Court that various establishments
including the likes of Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation,
Bombay Stock Exchange and SEBI, have sought security staff
from Maharashtra State Security Corporation (MSSC).
The corporation has been set up to provide security to
vital installations and institutions in the state.
The court was hearing a bunch of PILs regarding the
security situation, in the aftermath of 26/11 terror attack in
An affidavit filed by PT Goud, Secretary (Home), stated
that a fresh recruitment drive for hiring 2,500 personnel for
the Corporation was on.
The affidavit also stated that action has been taken on
several of the recommendations of the Pradhan Committee,
which was set up after the attack.
At the last hearing, the court had expressed unhappiness
over the affidavit filed by the state for being vague.
Today, along with the affidavit, the government also
filed a report about confidential security measures, weapons
purchase etc, in a sealed cover.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Delhi Police issues alert over alleged Hafiz Saeed's tweet backing 'pro-Pak' JNU protesters
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?
- Congress leader from Gujarat conspired to implicate Narendra Modi in Ishrat Jahan case: Ex-IB officer
- JNU row: Congress VP meets protesting students; ABVP raises black flags, shout "Rahul Gandhi Go Back"