Builder murder case: Agarwal`s bail plea rejected
Thane: A local court on Saturday rejected the anticipatory bail plea filed by builder S P Agarwal, accused in the Navi Mumbai builder Sunil Lahoria murder case.
Lahoria was shot dead outside his office in Sector 28 of Vashi, Navi Mumbai, on February 16.
Police have arrested eight persons, including shooters Venkatesh Shettiar, Wajid Qureshi, developer Sumit Bacchewar and former encounter specialist Emmanuel Amolik.
However, three builders - Suresh Bijlani, S P Agarwal and architect Anuragh Garg, against whom charge sheet was filed in the case, are still absconding.
Additional Sessions Judge U D Shukla said since police are yet to complete certain investigations into the case, anticipatory bail cannot be granted to the accused.
Assistant Public Prosecutor P D Lahane argued in case of serious charges like murder, the accused should not be granted bail.
On Wednesday, the city crime branch filed 1,800 pages charge sheet against the eight accused in the murder case in Thane Session court.
"We have issued the process of declaring the wanted accused as absconders and will soon be attaching their properties. We will be also be filing supplementary charge sheet against them probably next month," Additional Commissioner of Police Niket Kaushik said.
The Home Department transferred the case from Navi Mumbai police to the Crime Branch following allegations of a biased probe.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand