Builder murder case: Agarwal`s bail plea rejected
Thane: A local court on Saturday rejected the anticipatory bail plea filed by builder S P Agarwal, accused in the Navi Mumbai builder Sunil Lahoria murder case.
Lahoria was shot dead outside his office in Sector 28 of Vashi, Navi Mumbai, on February 16.
Police have arrested eight persons, including shooters Venkatesh Shettiar, Wajid Qureshi, developer Sumit Bacchewar and former encounter specialist Emmanuel Amolik.
However, three builders - Suresh Bijlani, S P Agarwal and architect Anuragh Garg, against whom charge sheet was filed in the case, are still absconding.
Additional Sessions Judge U D Shukla said since police are yet to complete certain investigations into the case, anticipatory bail cannot be granted to the accused.
Assistant Public Prosecutor P D Lahane argued in case of serious charges like murder, the accused should not be granted bail.
On Wednesday, the city crime branch filed 1,800 pages charge sheet against the eight accused in the murder case in Thane Session court.
"We have issued the process of declaring the wanted accused as absconders and will soon be attaching their properties. We will be also be filing supplementary charge sheet against them probably next month," Additional Commissioner of Police Niket Kaushik said.
The Home Department transferred the case from Navi Mumbai police to the Crime Branch following allegations of a biased probe.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- Gujarat Dalit protest: After Rahul, Kejriwal to visit violence-hit Una today
- PM Narendra Modi to lay foundation stone of AIIMS in Gorakhpur today
- Rajya Sabha to vote on bill seeking 'special status' for Andhra Pradesh today
- 'Bunty Chor' - Delhi's high-end car thief arrested; BMW, Toyota Fortuner recovered
- Mayawati slur: Dayashankar Singh may surrender today; wife alleges harassment by BSP goons