Builder murder case: Agarwal`s bail plea rejected
Thane: A local court on Saturday rejected the anticipatory bail plea filed by builder S P Agarwal, accused in the Navi Mumbai builder Sunil Lahoria murder case.
Lahoria was shot dead outside his office in Sector 28 of Vashi, Navi Mumbai, on February 16.
Police have arrested eight persons, including shooters Venkatesh Shettiar, Wajid Qureshi, developer Sumit Bacchewar and former encounter specialist Emmanuel Amolik.
However, three builders - Suresh Bijlani, S P Agarwal and architect Anuragh Garg, against whom charge sheet was filed in the case, are still absconding.
Additional Sessions Judge U D Shukla said since police are yet to complete certain investigations into the case, anticipatory bail cannot be granted to the accused.
Assistant Public Prosecutor P D Lahane argued in case of serious charges like murder, the accused should not be granted bail.
On Wednesday, the city crime branch filed 1,800 pages charge sheet against the eight accused in the murder case in Thane Session court.
"We have issued the process of declaring the wanted accused as absconders and will soon be attaching their properties. We will be also be filing supplementary charge sheet against them probably next month," Additional Commissioner of Police Niket Kaushik said.
The Home Department transferred the case from Navi Mumbai police to the Crime Branch following allegations of a biased probe.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj