Builder murder case: Agarwal`s bail plea rejected
Thane: A local court on Saturday rejected the anticipatory bail plea filed by builder S P Agarwal, accused in the Navi Mumbai builder Sunil Lahoria murder case.
Lahoria was shot dead outside his office in Sector 28 of Vashi, Navi Mumbai, on February 16.
Police have arrested eight persons, including shooters Venkatesh Shettiar, Wajid Qureshi, developer Sumit Bacchewar and former encounter specialist Emmanuel Amolik.
However, three builders - Suresh Bijlani, S P Agarwal and architect Anuragh Garg, against whom charge sheet was filed in the case, are still absconding.
Additional Sessions Judge U D Shukla said since police are yet to complete certain investigations into the case, anticipatory bail cannot be granted to the accused.
Assistant Public Prosecutor P D Lahane argued in case of serious charges like murder, the accused should not be granted bail.
On Wednesday, the city crime branch filed 1,800 pages charge sheet against the eight accused in the murder case in Thane Session court.
"We have issued the process of declaring the wanted accused as absconders and will soon be attaching their properties. We will be also be filing supplementary charge sheet against them probably next month," Additional Commissioner of Police Niket Kaushik said.
The Home Department transferred the case from Navi Mumbai police to the Crime Branch following allegations of a biased probe.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachute-like objects spotted over Mumbai airport
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results to be declared today at 4 PM
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- CBSE Board 12th XII Results 2015: Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced today at 12 Noon
- CBSE XII Results 2015: 12th board exam results to be declared tomorrow