Builder wanted in murder case surrenders before Thane
Thane: The prime suspect of a real estate developer murder case who had been evading arrest for over five months today surrendered before a court here.
Navi Mumbai-based builder Suresh Bijlani, the key accused in Sunil Lahoria murder case, surrendered before Additional Sessions Judge KR Warrier.
Upon surrender, Bijlani was sent to Civil Hospital for medical examination. Ramesh Tripathi, counsel for Bijlani, said the Court has sent his client to judicial custody.
The Court had last month issued non-bailable warrants against Bijlani, his brother Mahesh and architect Anurag Garg in the murder case.
Bijlani`s anticipatory bail plea had been earlier rejected by the Sessions Court, Bombay High Court and also the Supreme Court.
The SC last week directed Bijlani to surrender before Tuesday on a plea filed by Lahoria`s son Sunny against the Madhya Pradesh High Court`s interim bail to the builder.
Lahoria was shot dead on February 16 outside his Navi Mumbai office. Home Department transferred the case from Navi Mumbai Police to Mumbai Crime Branch following allegations of bias in the investigations.
Eight accused had been earlier arrested and these included shooters Venkatesh Shettiar, Wajid Qureshi, realty developer Sumit Bacchewar and retired `encounter specialist` Emmanuel Amolik.
In May, the Crime Branch filed a 1,800-page charge sheet in the Sessions Court here. Three accused, including Bijlani and Garg, were shown as absconding accused.
Business rivalry is suspected to have led to the broad daylight murder, which was caught on CCTV camera.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others as Gujjar agitation continues
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Pakistan criticizes Defence Minister Parrikar's terrorism remarks