Building collapses in Thane, relief work on
Zee Media Bureau
Mumbai: A five-storeyed building collapsed in Mumbra on Saturday morning. Officials said casualties are feared as the building - Banoo Apartments - housed 42 families.
Over 100 people managed to escape the apartment that was situated next to the Mumbra railway station as it crashed on early Saturday.
An hour before it collapsed, there were indications of the impending disaster as the building started shaking and wobbling.
A majority of the panicky residents chose to evacuate and moved to safety.
At least three people are feared trapped under the debris and efforts are on to rescue them.
This is the sixth major building collapse in Mumbai and its neighbouring areas in the past six months.
In April, a building collapsed in Lucky Compound in Mumbra, killing 75, and making it the worst such disaster in the state`s history.
In June, four more buildings crashed in Mahim (10 dead), Mumbra (10 dead), Dahisar (seven dead) and Bhiwandi (three dead).
With agency inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM