Building collapses in Thane, relief work on
Zee Media Bureau
Mumbai: A five-storeyed building collapsed in Mumbra on Saturday morning. Officials said casualties are feared as the building - Banoo Apartments - housed 42 families.
Over 100 people managed to escape the apartment that was situated next to the Mumbra railway station as it crashed on early Saturday.
An hour before it collapsed, there were indications of the impending disaster as the building started shaking and wobbling.
A majority of the panicky residents chose to evacuate and moved to safety.
At least three people are feared trapped under the debris and efforts are on to rescue them.
This is the sixth major building collapse in Mumbai and its neighbouring areas in the past six months.
In April, a building collapsed in Lucky Compound in Mumbra, killing 75, and making it the worst such disaster in the state`s history.
In June, four more buildings crashed in Mahim (10 dead), Mumbra (10 dead), Dahisar (seven dead) and Bhiwandi (three dead).
With agency inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!