`Bullying` not to be tolerated, says Maharashtra CM
New Delhi: Maharashtra government on Saturday said
it will ensure security for screening of movies of actor Shah
Rukh Khan, under Shiv Sena threat for favouring inclusion of
Pakistani cricketers in IPL, and asserted that it will act
against anyone trying to "bully" others.
Maharashtra Chief Minister Ashok Chavan said violation of
law and order by anybody will be dealt with strictly.
"All movies, be it of Shah Rukh`s or anybody else`s, if
it is approved by Censor Board, it will run and the government
will protect it," Chavan told reporters at the sidelines of
the Chief Ministers` conference on price rise here.
"Even I will go and watch those movies," he said.
"We will make sure that not only Shiv Sena, but any
person or any organisation trying to create disturbance is
dealt with strictly as per the law of the land," he said.
The Chief Minister was replying to a question related to
controversy surrounding the movie star who is under attack by
Shiv Sena for his remark on Pakistani cricketers.
The Sena has threatened not to allow the release of
Khan`s upcoming film `My Name is Khan` on February 12.
Against the backdrop of Rahul Gandhi`s visit to Mumbai
remaining free of any untoward incident despite Sena`s call to
show him black flags, he said, "I do not want to take credit.
I am happy about one thing that they (Sena) understood it.
"I have said that the state will function as per
constitution. The government will take action against anybody
who tries to bully someone," Chavan said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days