`Bullying` not to be tolerated, says Maharashtra CM
New Delhi: Maharashtra government on Saturday said
it will ensure security for screening of movies of actor Shah
Rukh Khan, under Shiv Sena threat for favouring inclusion of
Pakistani cricketers in IPL, and asserted that it will act
against anyone trying to "bully" others.
Maharashtra Chief Minister Ashok Chavan said violation of
law and order by anybody will be dealt with strictly.
"All movies, be it of Shah Rukh`s or anybody else`s, if
it is approved by Censor Board, it will run and the government
will protect it," Chavan told reporters at the sidelines of
the Chief Ministers` conference on price rise here.
"Even I will go and watch those movies," he said.
"We will make sure that not only Shiv Sena, but any
person or any organisation trying to create disturbance is
dealt with strictly as per the law of the land," he said.
The Chief Minister was replying to a question related to
controversy surrounding the movie star who is under attack by
Shiv Sena for his remark on Pakistani cricketers.
The Sena has threatened not to allow the release of
Khan`s upcoming film `My Name is Khan` on February 12.
Against the backdrop of Rahul Gandhi`s visit to Mumbai
remaining free of any untoward incident despite Sena`s call to
show him black flags, he said, "I do not want to take credit.
I am happy about one thing that they (Sena) understood it.
"I have said that the state will function as per
constitution. The government will take action against anybody
who tries to bully someone," Chavan said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- Pakistan criticizes Defence Minister Parrikar's terrorism remarks