Bus mishap: Victims` kin to get Rs 2 lakh
Bus mishap: Victims` kin to get Rs 2 lakh compensation
Mumbai: Maharashtra government Tuesday announced a compensation of Rs 2 lakh each to the kin of the victims of today`s bus accident at Khed in Ratnagiri district, which claimed 37 lives.
The government also announced Rs 50,000 to the injured.
The announcement was made in the Legislative Assembly by the Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan.
Meanwhile, PWD Minister Chhagan Bhujbal informed the legislature that the death toll in the accident is 37 and the number of injured is 12.
"According to the preliminary information, the bus driver apparently lost control over the vehicle," Bhujbal said.
Meanwhile, Maharashtra Governor K Sankaranarayanan expressed grief over the loss of lives in the accident.
In his message the Governor said, "I was deeply saddened to know about the loss of lives caused by the unfortunate road accident near Khed earlier in the day today.
"I convey my heartfelt condolences to those who lost their near and dear ones in the accident and wish speedy recovery to the injured," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?