Bus mishap: Victims` kin to get Rs 2 lakh
Bus mishap: Victims` kin to get Rs 2 lakh compensation
Mumbai: Maharashtra government Tuesday announced a compensation of Rs 2 lakh each to the kin of the victims of today`s bus accident at Khed in Ratnagiri district, which claimed 37 lives.
The government also announced Rs 50,000 to the injured.
The announcement was made in the Legislative Assembly by the Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan.
Meanwhile, PWD Minister Chhagan Bhujbal informed the legislature that the death toll in the accident is 37 and the number of injured is 12.
"According to the preliminary information, the bus driver apparently lost control over the vehicle," Bhujbal said.
Meanwhile, Maharashtra Governor K Sankaranarayanan expressed grief over the loss of lives in the accident.
In his message the Governor said, "I was deeply saddened to know about the loss of lives caused by the unfortunate road accident near Khed earlier in the day today.
"I convey my heartfelt condolences to those who lost their near and dear ones in the accident and wish speedy recovery to the injured," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley