Bus plunges into river in Ratnagiri, 37 killed
Mumbai: At least 37 people were killed and over 15 injured when a Mumbai-bound private luxury bus plunged into a river in Maharashtra`s Ratnagiri district on Tuesday morning.
The bus fell into the Jagbudi river near Khed in Ratnagiri district at around 3.30 am when it was on its way back from Goa, police said.
The bus was on its way to Mumbai on the Goa-Mumbai highway when it fell off the bridge after the driver of the bus lost control, as per reports. The police are investigating whether the driver of the bus was drunk at the time of the accident, as per initial reports.
Several foreigners were also travelling in the bus and one Russian national has been rescued so far.
Bodies of 37 passengers have been recovered so far have been kept at Khed municipal hospital.
Rescue operations are still on and the bus is being retrieved from the river, which has dried up almost, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan chased by a tiger!
- Caught on camera: Woman stealing cell phone in store
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Panel discussion on Kejriwal's poisonous radio ad on Dadri incident
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!