Bust of 26/11 braveheart unveiled on 3rd anniv
Mumbai: A memorial of slain policeman
Tukaram Ombale was unveiled at Girgaum Chowpatty here on Saturday
evening, on the third anniversary of the 26/11 Mumbai terror
Ashoka Chakra awardee Ombale, who was assistant
sub-inspector of police, was shot dead by terrorist Ajmal
Kasab during the attacks in 2008.
On the occasion, Shiv Sena executive president Uddhav
Thackeray lauded the supreme sacrifice by Ombale.
The four-feet high bust was fabricated in clay on the
basis of the approved photographs of Ombale and his uniform,
procured from his daughter, Vaishali Ombale.
The bust has been placed in the vicinity of another
memorial of the braveheart, built by local BJP MLA Mangal
Prabhat Lodha, which stands on the pavement along the road,
where the shootout took place.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok