Bust of 26/11 braveheart unveiled on 3rd anniv
Mumbai: A memorial of slain policeman
Tukaram Ombale was unveiled at Girgaum Chowpatty here on Saturday
evening, on the third anniversary of the 26/11 Mumbai terror
Ashoka Chakra awardee Ombale, who was assistant
sub-inspector of police, was shot dead by terrorist Ajmal
Kasab during the attacks in 2008.
On the occasion, Shiv Sena executive president Uddhav
Thackeray lauded the supreme sacrifice by Ombale.
The four-feet high bust was fabricated in clay on the
basis of the approved photographs of Ombale and his uniform,
procured from his daughter, Vaishali Ombale.
The bust has been placed in the vicinity of another
memorial of the braveheart, built by local BJP MLA Mangal
Prabhat Lodha, which stands on the pavement along the road,
where the shootout took place.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Next steps for European Union after Brexit
- Libyan forces clash with militants in Sirte, 14 dead: Official
- Rahul Gandhi reacts to NSG setback: 'How to lose a negotiation by PM Narendra Modi'
- Pope denounces Armenian `genocide` in Yerevan visit
- University of Mumbai T.Y.B.Com Semester Six (75:25) Result 2016 declared on mu.ac.in