By-election results encouraging ahead of Maha polls: Rane
Mumbai: Senior Congress leader and Maharashtra industries minister Narayan Rane on Tuesday said the assembly by-poll results in four states were a morale booster for the party, and the cadres should face the coming state elections positively.
"The campaign has to be co-ordinated and there should be no room for complacency. We have to win," Rane said at meeting of the co-ordination committee of the party where district Congress chiefs and heads of frontal organisations were present.
Rane, who is the campaign committee chairman for state elections, reviewed preparations for September 1 meeting at Hutatma Chowk in south Mumbai where Congress will launch its election campaign by lighting a torch at the martyrs memorial.
He said that campaign committees would be set up at the district as well as the constituency level.
The meeting of co-ordination committee, chaired by Ashok Chavan, was held at Varsha, Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan's official bungalow. "The meeting took stock of the election preparations," sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- BSF cancels beating the retreat ceremony at Wagah post surgical strikes
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says