Cabs allowed to ply from Mumbai airport to Pune
Mumbai: Travelers alighting at Chhatrapati
Shivaji International Airport and wishing to go to Pune will
soon be able to take a direct cab.
The Mumbai-Pune Taxi Association, which plies cabs
between Dadar and Pune railway station, has now been allowed
to extend the cab service from the city airport to Pune.
The Bombay High Court today disposed of a petition filed
by the Association stating that the Mumbai International
Airport Private Ltd (MIAL) had refused to grant them parking
space outside the airport in the wake of the July 13 triple
MIAL had directed the Association to get a No-Objection
Certificate (NOC) from police.
Government pleader D N Nalavade today submitted a report
of the senior police inspector of Sahar police station stating
that the police would provide necessary security and the cabs
could be allowed to ply between the airport and Pune.
A division bench of Justices P B Majmudar and R M Sawant
directed MIAL to take a decision on providing facilities to
the cab Association, following the assurance given by the
The court also directed the Association to provide
details of cars and drivers to police so that records are
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- Why is religion being made the basis of election campaigns in UP?
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal