CAG strictures against computerisation scheme of Maha police
Mumbai: The Comptroller and Auditor
General (CAG) of India has criticised computerisation scheme
of Maharashtra police department, saying hardware of around Rs
three crore was unutilised.
"Lack of co-ordination between State Government and
Ministry of Home Affairs has resulted in purchase of hardware
for Common Integrated Police Application (CIPA) valuing Rs
2.97 crore which was lying unutilised for about one year,"
a CAG report tabled in the legislature today said.
The CIPA data were lying on the stand-alone server of
the respective police stations due to non-working of Bridge
Software which resulted in non-availability of data either
through Crime and Criminal Information System (CCIS) or CIPA
on national server.
"This defeated the very purpose of making available
data online. The software used was faulty and led to
generation of incorrect data," the report said.
"The CIPA work was managed by police constables only
and higher ranking officers were not trained and the
expenditure of Rs 38 lakh incurred on training remained
largely unfruitful," it said.
The data entry in Crime and Criminal Information
System for the years from 1998 to 2007 was not completed
though 10 years had lapsed, it said.
Even the data of CCIS and CIPA were not authenticated
leading to entering same FIRs twice at the same police
station, misclassification of FIRs, storage of FIRs without
Act and Sections, it added.
Even after 21 months and spending Rs 74.87 lakh on `9
Application Software` the same was not rolled out till June
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- 'Online purchase of sexual wellness products more preferred in Tier III cities'
- 2nd Test, Centurion: South Africa vs New Zealand - Preview
- US Open 2016: Serena Williams shoulders burden of history at Flushing Meadows
- Shahid Kapoor opens up about his Bollywood struggle! - Read more
- WATCH: Mother mercilessly beats her infant son, tries to strangulate him in Bareilly