CAG strictures against computerisation scheme of Maha police
Mumbai: The Comptroller and Auditor
General (CAG) of India has criticised computerisation scheme
of Maharashtra police department, saying hardware of around Rs
three crore was unutilised.
"Lack of co-ordination between State Government and
Ministry of Home Affairs has resulted in purchase of hardware
for Common Integrated Police Application (CIPA) valuing Rs
2.97 crore which was lying unutilised for about one year,"
a CAG report tabled in the legislature today said.
The CIPA data were lying on the stand-alone server of
the respective police stations due to non-working of Bridge
Software which resulted in non-availability of data either
through Crime and Criminal Information System (CCIS) or CIPA
on national server.
"This defeated the very purpose of making available
data online. The software used was faulty and led to
generation of incorrect data," the report said.
"The CIPA work was managed by police constables only
and higher ranking officers were not trained and the
expenditure of Rs 38 lakh incurred on training remained
largely unfruitful," it said.
The data entry in Crime and Criminal Information
System for the years from 1998 to 2007 was not completed
though 10 years had lapsed, it said.
Even the data of CCIS and CIPA were not authenticated
leading to entering same FIRs twice at the same police
station, misclassification of FIRs, storage of FIRs without
Act and Sections, it added.
Even after 21 months and spending Rs 74.87 lakh on `9
Application Software` the same was not rolled out till June
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IIT Kharagpur students design racing car to compete in Russia
- IRCTC to offer Rs 10 lakh insurance cover for Re 1
- Are political parties playing vote politics in the name of cow-security?
- Are political parties playing vote politics in the name of cow-security? - Part II
- Are political parties playing vote politics in the name of cow-security? - Part III
- How much do you know about hepatitis - Take the quiz here
- Muttiah Muralitharan, three others to be inducted into ICC Hall of Fame
- Rio Games 2016: Olympic pro at 22, Shiva Thapa banks on improved strength at mega event
- India vs West Indies: Confident visitors arrive in Kingston for 2nd Test
- Coal scam: Court awards 3 years jail term to Rathi Steel CEO