Calm prevails in Nashik village after canecharge on farmers
Nashik: A day after police resorted to
lathicharge on agitating farmers here, the situation remained
calm and under control in Gulvanch village of Sinnar taluka,
Four farmers were injured when police canecharged to
disperse them yesterday. They were protesting land acquisition
for a proposed SEZ here in North Maharashtra.
Police have registered offences against one hundred
farmers for obstructing ongoing project works and injuring a
police inspector Mangalsingh Suryavanshi of Sinnar after
allegedly beating him up in a temple.
The protesters also ransacked the camera of a electronic
media man who went to Gulvanch to cover the farmers agitation.
Suryavanshi has been admitted to a private hospital here.
People from 13 villages, especially farmers, who are
opposing a thermal power station project at Gulvanch closed
down Musalgaon-Gulvanch, Baragaon-Pimpri-Datali and Gulvanch-
Khopadi roads, police said adding now the situation is under
control and there have not reports of violence.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda