Campa Cola flats: Won`t intervene, but ready to consider legal proposal, says CM

Last Updated: Tuesday, June 10, 2014 - 02:52

Mumbai: Maharashtra Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan today said that the state government will not intervene in the Campa Cola building issue, but he is willing to consider any proposal provided it is in the legal framework and does not affect the Supreme Court order regarding the razing of the flats.

"I am ready to consider any proposal which is within the legal framework and which does not affect the Supreme Court judgement. (However), there is no such proposal in sight, but I am willing to consider it if there is one," Chavan said in a statement tonight.

Earlier in the day, Chavan told reporters that the government was unable to provide relief in the case as Supreme Court has refused to grant any relief to the Campa Cola residents who had moved the court against their eviction.
The residents of the Campa Cola building, located in suburban Worli, face the threat of losing their homes after living there for years as Supreme Court on Tuesday rejected their plea seeking a stay on the demolition of their flats till the court decides on their curative petition, which is to come up for hearing next month.

The curative petition, quoting information received through RTI, says that the Municipal Corporation of Greater Mumbai and the state had decided to regularise the illegal construction in 1985.
As many as 102 illegal flats in the seven buildings of the society are to be razed by the Municipal Corporation of Greater Mumbai.


Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.

First Published: Tuesday, June 10, 2014 - 02:52

More from zeenews

comments powered by Disqus