Campa Cola society makes U-turn, says it may file fresh conveyance plea
Mumbai: In a U-turn, the Campa Cola Housing Society here told the Bombay High court on Friday that it was ready to file a fresh plea for deemed land conveyance before the Deputy Registrar of Cooperative Societies and to make Municipal Corporation of Greater Mumbai a party.
Some floors of the Society -- a complex of six buildings -- is facing demolition for illegal construction. The MCGM has challenged deemed conveyance of land title in its favour.
Earlier, the Society had taken a stand that MCGM had no say in respect of issuance of deemed conveyance.
But counsel for the Society, Prasad Dhakephalkar, today sought time to seek instructions from his clients as to whether they are willing to file fresh application after making MCGM and Pure Drinks parties to the proceedings.
The court granted time till June 24.
MCGM has claimed that it is the owner of the land on which the societies stood, while Pure Drinks Pvt Ltd has said it had got the land on a 99-years lease from the civic body.
Justice RV Sawant today continued the order passed in May directing a status quo on the order passed by the Deputy Registrar of Societies granting deemed conveyance.
MCGM and Pure Drinks have challenged a December 2013 order passed by the Deputy Registrar granting deemed conveyance under Maharashtra Ownership of Flats Act (MOFA).
MCGM lawyer SU Kamdar contended it was the owner of the land and the conveyance had been granted not only of the land but also the flats which are facing demolition. Also, the order was passed by the registrar without hearing MCGM.
Pure Drinks` lawyer Ashutosh Kumbhkoni also argued that the deputy registrar did not hear his client.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of terror attacks in Baramulla and Kupwara
- DNA: Farooq Abdullah insults national anthem, talks on phone
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part II
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part III
- Leander Paes, Rohan Bopanna in men's doubles third round at Roland Garros
- Harshvardhan Kapoor’s Bollywood debut 'Mirzya' to release on October 7!
- Indian Premier League 2016, Qualifier 2: Gujarat Lions vs Sunrisers Hyderabad — As it happened...
- The 'unpredictability' in Kalki Koechlin's film career
- Tricks to preserve wedding attire