Cancer victim kills herself in Thane
Thane: Fed up of her chronic illness, a 65-year-old woman allegedly committed suicide at Vakharwadi near here today, police said.
The deceased, identified as Shobha Janu Lokande was suffering from cancer. She ended her life around 5 AM by jumping into a nearby civic school well when everyone else at her home was fast asleep, they said.
Shobha was allegedly depressed about her deteriorating health condition. She lived with her husband, son, daughter-in-law and grandchildren.
Her body was fished out of the well by firemen and has been sent for postmortem.
The police have registered a case of accidental death.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you