Cancer victim kills herself in Thane
Thane: Fed up of her chronic illness, a 65-year-old woman allegedly committed suicide at Vakharwadi near here today, police said.
The deceased, identified as Shobha Janu Lokande was suffering from cancer. She ended her life around 5 AM by jumping into a nearby civic school well when everyone else at her home was fast asleep, they said.
Shobha was allegedly depressed about her deteriorating health condition. She lived with her husband, son, daughter-in-law and grandchildren.
Her body was fished out of the well by firemen and has been sent for postmortem.
The police have registered a case of accidental death.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'