Cancer victim kills herself in Thane
Thane: Fed up of her chronic illness, a 65-year-old woman allegedly committed suicide at Vakharwadi near here today, police said.
The deceased, identified as Shobha Janu Lokande was suffering from cancer. She ended her life around 5 AM by jumping into a nearby civic school well when everyone else at her home was fast asleep, they said.
Shobha was allegedly depressed about her deteriorating health condition. She lived with her husband, son, daughter-in-law and grandchildren.
Her body was fished out of the well by firemen and has been sent for postmortem.
The police have registered a case of accidental death.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city