Can`t identify cops in photographs: Police tell HC
The Bombay High Court
expressed displeasure over the police`s failure to identify
the police personnel from the escort teams in three cases.
The court, on the last hearing, had directed the police
to identify the policemen from the photos. However, the bench
was today informed that the senior police inspector of Andheri
police station was unable to identify the constable in one of
"This is too much. We find it difficult to believe that
he doesn`t recognise the people he works with. You don`t
recognise your own man?" Justice Bobade said.
As to another case, where the prisoner was being escorted
from CST to Churchgate in south Mumbai, public prosecutor
Pandurang Pol said the constable in the photograph was not
from the Mumbai police.
As to the incident at Nashik, where three college
students, arrested for participating in a protest against an
SEZ project, were made to write exam papers with ankles
fettered to the desk, the prosecutor told the High Court that
a probe was underway.
Irked, the bench directed the police to complete the
probe at the earliest. The next hearing would be after two
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!