Case against Sena MPs, Rane`s sons for clash at Dadar
Mumbai: Twelve persons, including eight
policemen, were injured when workers of Shiv Sena and Congress
clashed outside Dadar railway station here in a bid to pocket
credit for a new train service, prompting the police to cane
A rioting case was registered against about 250 workers
of Shiv Sena, including its MPs Sanjay Raut and Bharat Kumar
Raut, and a separate case was filed against 240 Congress
activists, including Nilesh and Nitesh Rane, two sons of
Revenue Minister Narayan Rane, police said.
"Sena activists and supporters of Congress leader Narayan
Rane gathered outside the station last night claiming credit
for the new train service between Mumbai and Sawantwadi. This
led to heated arguments and subsequent clashes between both
the party workers as they began pelting stones at each other,"
Senior Police Inspector at Matunga Police Station Sunil
Police canecharged the warring workers.
Railways had announced 14 special trains between Mumbai
and Sawantwadi in Konkan region beginning yesterday ahead of
the ten-day Ganeshotsav as a large number of devotees go to
Sawantwadi to worship the deity.
Narayan Rane visited the site after the clashes and said
Sena had a habit of claiming credit without doing anything.
"We have taken up the issue with the Railways and keeping
commuters problems in mind, the new rail service was
subsequently started," he said.
Raut, who had participated in the protest, said "the
entire credit to start this train service goes to Uddhav
Thackeray (Sena executive president). His efforts resulted in
the start of Sawantwadi train."
Police said no arrests had been made.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- One year of Modi govt: PM Modi addresses mega rally in Mathura Part-II
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- China doesn't recognise 'illegal' McMahon Line: Beijing responds to NSA Ajit Doval
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- UBSE Results 2015 (ubse.uk.gov.in): Uttarakhand 12th Result 2015 to be announced today at 11 AM
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- CBSE Class X Board Results 2015 to declared tomorrow
- Salman Khan's `Bajrangi Bhaijaan` teaser to be out in two days?
- What couldn't be done in last 10 years, NDA govt did in one year: Smriti Irani in Amethi