Case filed against 4 in wall collapse tragedy
Thane: Police on Saturday registered a criminal
case against four persons in connection with the wall collapse
incident in which ten construction workers were killed here.
The deceased, hailing from Bihar, Uttar Pradesh and
Nepal, were taking rest in their makeshift dwellings at a
construction site in Mira Bhayandar when the protection wall
crashed on them in heavy rain yesterday afternoon.
The four, including site supervisor Miten Kumar
Pandya, were booked under IPC Sections 304 (culpable homicide
not amounting to murder), 34 (acts done by several persons in
furtherance of common intention) and 338 (causing grievous
hurt by act endangering life or personal safety of others),
The others included officials of two real estate firms
connected with the construction.
Additional Superintendent of Police N Nishandar is
supervising the investigations into the case.
Meanwhile, Maharashtra Chief Minister Prithviraj
Chavan has announced a compensation of Rs 1 lakh each to the
families of the deceased.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Amit Shah addresses BJP's mega convention in Delhi
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?