Case filed against 4 in wall collapse tragedy
Thane: Police on Saturday registered a criminal
case against four persons in connection with the wall collapse
incident in which ten construction workers were killed here.
The deceased, hailing from Bihar, Uttar Pradesh and
Nepal, were taking rest in their makeshift dwellings at a
construction site in Mira Bhayandar when the protection wall
crashed on them in heavy rain yesterday afternoon.
The four, including site supervisor Miten Kumar
Pandya, were booked under IPC Sections 304 (culpable homicide
not amounting to murder), 34 (acts done by several persons in
furtherance of common intention) and 338 (causing grievous
hurt by act endangering life or personal safety of others),
The others included officials of two real estate firms
connected with the construction.
Additional Superintendent of Police N Nishandar is
supervising the investigations into the case.
Meanwhile, Maharashtra Chief Minister Prithviraj
Chavan has announced a compensation of Rs 1 lakh each to the
families of the deceased.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- Gold price extends gains, up Rs 200 per 10 grams
- Your travel cost to go down by 40% with India's first ever CNG two wheelers
- Lionel Messi announces international retirement after Copa America loss vs Chile
- Big fat royal wedding in Mysore, King Yaduveer Wadiyar ties the knot with Rajasthan royalty
- LeEco Le Max 2: Aiming to outshine rivals with powerful hardware, CDLA technology