Case registered over Maharashtra radio blast
Beed (Maharashtra): A first information report was registered Sunday against unidentified people in connection with an explosion in a transistor radio in Maharashtra`s Beed district.
The blast took place Friday in the house of a state government bus conductor in Kalegaon, 50 km from the district headquarters. Four people were injured.
The case was registered against unidentified people under Indian Penal Code Sections 336 (act endangering life or personal safety of others), 337 and 338 and the Explosives Act, a police official said.
Police are now awaiting the forensic report from an Aurangabad-based laboratory to ascertain the nature of material used in the explosion.
On Saturday, teams of the National Investigation Agency and Maharashtra Anti-Terrorism Squad started a joint probe into the blast. The teams collected samples from the house of bus conductor Om Nimbalkar.
Nimbalkar, 35, his wife Usha, 25, son Kunal, 3, and mother Kusum, 55, were injured in the incident.
Nimbalkar picked up an unattended transistor in a Maharashtra State Road Transport Corporation bus which had left from Nehru Nagar bus depot in Kurla in Mumbai early morning for a 475-km journey to Ambejogai in Beed.
The conductor discovered the transistor radio in the bus after the passengers had deboarded at Ambejogai.
Instead of handing it over to the authorities, he took it home. When he switched it on, it exploded.
Police have so far refrained from terming the blast as an act of terror.
Beed district has been in the news in recent months after the arrest of suspected terrorist Abu Jundal.
Jundal, who hails from Beed, is suspected to be a Lashkar-e-Taiba activist involved in the 2008 Mumbai terror attack and the 2006 Aurangabad arms haul case, besides other cases in different parts of the country. He is lodged in Delhi`s Tihar Jail.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Zee Media Exclusive chat with 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' cast Kangana, Madhavan
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- CBSE 12th Results 2015: CBSE Board Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic class 12th XII board exam Results 2015 date announced
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- RBSE 12th Science & Commerce Board Result 2015 declared
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- RBSE rajresults.nic.in & rajeduboard.nic.in 12th Results 2015: BSER Ajmer Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII Senior Secondary Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 declared
- CBSE Board 10th Results 2015: Cbse.nic.in & Cbseresults.nic class 10th X board exam results 2015 date announced
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'