Cash, Rs 1 cr FDs seized from engineer’s lockers
Nashik: Anti-Corruption Bureau has seized cash and fixed deposits (FDs), collectively worth over Rs one crore, from various bank lockers of suspended PWD section engineer Jagdish Wagh in Nashik after interrogating his wife Deepali at its office.
The cash and deposits worth Rs 1,13,50,889 were unearthed on Tuesday from various bank lockers of Wagh, an accused in the bribery scandal involving his colleague and executive engineer (Nashik North) Satish Chikhlikar, sources said on Wednesday.
With this seizure, Wagh`s allegedly ill-gotten assets, including cash, gold and silver ornaments besides other valuables seized since his arrest, swelled to Rs 2 crore 22 thousand, ACB said.
Meanwhile, more skeletons keep tumbling out of the closets of Chikhlikar with the investigating agency seizing cash worth Rs 5,10,200 from his bank lockers with the help of his wife Swati on Tuesday.
Chikhlikar`s allegedly disproportionate assets are now estimated at Rs 17,95,90,492, including gold and silver jewellery, valuables and other investments, according to the agency.
The ACB had earlier recovered Rs 57,69,000 in cash, 9.55 Kg of gold, including gold biscuits weighing 6.312 kg and gold ornaments of 3.246 Kg, having a total value of Rs 2.67 crore from two bank lockers of Swati Chikhlikar.
ACB has neither confirmed nor denied if it will name Swati as a joint accused in the case even though it is of the view that her husband might have registered a portion of his allegedly disproportionate assets in her name.
Chikhlikar and Wagh were caught red-handed by ACB on April 30 for allegedly accepting a bribe of Rs 22,000 from a complainant in exchange of awarding a road maintenance contract. They were formally arrested on May 3.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test