Caste census will curb frauds: Veerappa Moily
Pune: Union minister Veerappa Moily on Monday said caste-based census would curb use of fake caste certificates for availing concessions.
"Cast census is an important issue...it will help
government decide the exact number of other backward classes
(OBC) individuals. It will curb increasing use of fake caste
certificates," he told reporters here.
The Congress leader and Union Minister for Corporate
Affairs was talking to media after receiving Mahatma Phule
Samata Award instituted by Akhil Bhartiya Mahatma Phule Samata
Parishad at a function here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly