Caste census will curb frauds: Veerappa Moily
Pune: Union minister Veerappa Moily on Monday said caste-based census would curb use of fake caste certificates for availing concessions.
"Cast census is an important issue...it will help
government decide the exact number of other backward classes
(OBC) individuals. It will curb increasing use of fake caste
certificates," he told reporters here.
The Congress leader and Union Minister for Corporate
Affairs was talking to media after receiving Mahatma Phule
Samata Award instituted by Akhil Bhartiya Mahatma Phule Samata
Parishad at a function here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says