Caste census will curb frauds: Veerappa Moily
Pune: Union minister Veerappa Moily on Monday said caste-based census would curb use of fake caste certificates for availing concessions.
"Cast census is an important issue...it will help
government decide the exact number of other backward classes
(OBC) individuals. It will curb increasing use of fake caste
certificates," he told reporters here.
The Congress leader and Union Minister for Corporate
Affairs was talking to media after receiving Mahatma Phule
Samata Award instituted by Akhil Bhartiya Mahatma Phule Samata
Parishad at a function here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- Log on to wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in for WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 WBCHSE
- Twitter war over IIT Madras row: Smriti Irani challenges Rahul Gandhi to debate over any issue, anywhere