CBI arrest WCL official for taking bribe
Nagpur: Sleuths of Anti-Corruption Bureau, CBI here have arrested a Western Coalfields Limited (WCL) official for allegedly demanding and accepting a bribe of Rs 2000 for clearing a bill.
Dr Pankaj Kumar Pushpam, Dy Medical Superintendent, Rayatwari Sub Area, Chandrapur was trapped yesterday for accepting bribe from complainant Sandeep Meshram for manipulating the log book of an ambulance service, a release from CBI said.
The CBI has registered offences under relevant section of Prevention of Corruption Act, 1988.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism?
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- Watch video: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli
- IRS website hacked by suspected Pakistani hackers, messages like 'Pakistan Zindabad' posted