CBI arrest WCL official for taking bribe
Nagpur: Sleuths of Anti-Corruption Bureau, CBI here have arrested a Western Coalfields Limited (WCL) official for allegedly demanding and accepting a bribe of Rs 2000 for clearing a bill.
Dr Pankaj Kumar Pushpam, Dy Medical Superintendent, Rayatwari Sub Area, Chandrapur was trapped yesterday for accepting bribe from complainant Sandeep Meshram for manipulating the log book of an ambulance service, a release from CBI said.
The CBI has registered offences under relevant section of Prevention of Corruption Act, 1988.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- IT raids Delhi's Axis bank branch, finds Rs 100 cr deposited in 44 fake accounts
- Demonetisation: Majority of ATMs still out of cash
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- Kapil Sharma is sweating it out! See pics
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video