CBI arrests two for offering bribe to its officer
New Delhi: A medical officer of Western Coalfields Limited from Maharashtra has been arrested by CBI for allegedly offering a bribe of Rs 3 lakh to its officer for favouring him in a case investigated by him.
The Deputy Medical Superintendent posted in Chandrapur Maharashtra was caught while handing over the bribe amount to the investigating officer, who had alerted the agency about the offer and place of exchange, CBI spokesperson said here on Thursday.
She said the accused was booked for allegedly demanding and accepting bribe amount from the complainant for allegedly showing extra mileage of ambulances taken on hire.
"A CBI inspector was investigating the said case. The Deputy Medical Superintendent allegedly offered bribe to CBI Inspector for showing favour to him in the said case. After After verification, CBI laid a trap," the spokesperson said.
The official said the deputy medical superintendent along with his brother allegedly handed over a sum of Rs 3 lakh to the CBI Inspector when they were nabbed by the agency.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- LIVE: Jallikattu Bill passed unanimously in state Assembly; violence rocks Tamil Nadu
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog