CBI arrests two for offering bribe to its officer
New Delhi: A medical officer of Western Coalfields Limited from Maharashtra has been arrested by CBI for allegedly offering a bribe of Rs 3 lakh to its officer for favouring him in a case investigated by him.
The Deputy Medical Superintendent posted in Chandrapur Maharashtra was caught while handing over the bribe amount to the investigating officer, who had alerted the agency about the offer and place of exchange, CBI spokesperson said here on Thursday.
She said the accused was booked for allegedly demanding and accepting bribe amount from the complainant for allegedly showing extra mileage of ambulances taken on hire.
"A CBI inspector was investigating the said case. The Deputy Medical Superintendent allegedly offered bribe to CBI Inspector for showing favour to him in the said case. After After verification, CBI laid a trap," the spokesperson said.
The official said the deputy medical superintendent along with his brother allegedly handed over a sum of Rs 3 lakh to the CBI Inspector when they were nabbed by the agency.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you