CBI arrests two for offering bribe to its officer
New Delhi: A medical officer of Western Coalfields Limited from Maharashtra has been arrested by CBI for allegedly offering a bribe of Rs 3 lakh to its officer for favouring him in a case investigated by him.
The Deputy Medical Superintendent posted in Chandrapur Maharashtra was caught while handing over the bribe amount to the investigating officer, who had alerted the agency about the offer and place of exchange, CBI spokesperson said here on Thursday.
She said the accused was booked for allegedly demanding and accepting bribe amount from the complainant for allegedly showing extra mileage of ambulances taken on hire.
"A CBI inspector was investigating the said case. The Deputy Medical Superintendent allegedly offered bribe to CBI Inspector for showing favour to him in the said case. After After verification, CBI laid a trap," the spokesperson said.
The official said the deputy medical superintendent along with his brother allegedly handed over a sum of Rs 3 lakh to the CBI Inspector when they were nabbed by the agency.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of problems of unemployement in India
- DNA: Analysis of how car makers are playing with people's life
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda- Part II
- DNA: A plane landed at -100 degree celsius to rescue a worker
- Sterling, stocks skid as Brexit result agonisingly close
- REVEALED: Anil Kumble's first message to India captains Mahendra Singh Dhoni, Virat Kohli after appointment
- 'Mirzya' trailer alert! Harshvardhan Kapoor spells enchanting cast in a splendid tale by Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra
- RSS chief Mohan Bhagwat to share dais with Leonardo DiCaprio in UK: Reports
- Oops! Salman Khan mocks Hollywood return Priyanka Chopra and Deepika Padukone, but WHY?