CBI case against two former AI officials
Mumbai: CBI has registered a case against
two former officials of Air India for alleged financial
irregularities in purchasing Portable Entertainment Appliances
CBI officials said the case was registered here against
Amod Sharma, the then Director (Flight Services) and V
Srikrishna, the then Director (Material), working with the
state-run carrier for the purchase of PEA from private firms
and causing loss to the government exchequer.
"Searches were conducted on January 12 and 13 at 13 places
at Mumbai and Delhi in the office and residential premises of
the accused persons.
"Gold ornaments to the tune of Rs 9 lakh along with bank
balance of Rs 17.35 lakh and documents of seven properties
were recovered in the name of the then Director (Flight
Services). The documents of three properties were recovered in
the name of the then Director (Material)," a CBI spokesperson
said in a statement.
"Further investigation is continuing," it said.
In another case, CBI has arrested a Junior Telecom Officer
(Electrical), Sub-Division-III, Bharat Sanchar Nigam Ltd,
Jabalpur (MP) for allegedly demanding and accepting a bribe of
Rs 20,000 from the complainant.
Acting on a complaint, a case was registered against the
JTO under the Prevention of Corruption Act.
"It was alleged that the accused had demand a bribe of Rs
20,000 for showing official favour for processing and
forwarding bills amounting to Rs 57 Lakh (approx) of the
complainant pertaining to various maintenance and
electrification works conducted at various sites located in
the Narsinghpur district of Madhya Pradesh.
"A trap was laid and the Junior Telecom Officer was
caught red handed while demanding and accepting a bribe of Rs
20,000 from the complainant. Searches at the official and
residential premises of the JTO were conducted and
incriminating documents seized," the official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH