CBI charge sheet in Adarsh scam likely on Wednesday
Mumbai: Last minute bureaucratic hitch in granting sanctions today delayed CBI`s charge sheet in the multi-crore rupees Adarsh Housing scam which is now expected to be filed on Wednesday.
While the CBI officially remained tight-lipped about the delay, sources in the agency said some sanctions against officials involved in the case were yet to come from the Department of Personnel.
The sanction is likely to come tomorrow and the agency may go ahead and file the charge sheet in the case against some of the members of upscale society, 18 months after a case was registered in this connection, the sources said.
The case, which fuelled a political storm in Maharashtra leading to the resignation of Ashok Chavan as Chief Minister, is expected to take another turn, as Maharashtra government may inform the Bombay High Court that CBI had no jurisdiction over the case as the land in question belonged to the state and not Defence Ministry.
Chavan is among the 14 accused in the case in which Union Ministers Vilasrao Deshmukh and Sushilkumar Shinde are also under the scanner.
Bombay High Court is hearing a bunch of public interest litigations seeking the court`s supervision of the probe and the agency had on June 18 assured the Court that it would file a charge sheet in the case before July 4 as the agency had to take prior sanction from the government to prosecute bureaucrats.
The CBI has registered a case on January 29 last year against Chavan and 13 others which included bureaucrats and retired army personnel.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Lalu Yadav attacks PM Modi over Mahatma Gandhi's assassination
- Whole world is worried about global warming and climate change, says PM Modi
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- World can now see consequences of Pakistan occupation in PoK: India
- Watch: Unbelievable! Kapil Sharma thrown out of Aishwarya Rai’s vanity van
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition critical due to drug overdose; Maha govt orders inquiry
- ISL 2015: Chennaiyin FC vs Atletico de Kolkata - Preview
- Watch: NASA releases best images of Pluto's largest moon, Charon