CBI charge sheet in Adarsh scam likely on Wednesday
Mumbai: Last minute bureaucratic hitch in granting sanctions today delayed CBI`s charge sheet in the multi-crore rupees Adarsh Housing scam which is now expected to be filed on Wednesday.
While the CBI officially remained tight-lipped about the delay, sources in the agency said some sanctions against officials involved in the case were yet to come from the Department of Personnel.
The sanction is likely to come tomorrow and the agency may go ahead and file the charge sheet in the case against some of the members of upscale society, 18 months after a case was registered in this connection, the sources said.
The case, which fuelled a political storm in Maharashtra leading to the resignation of Ashok Chavan as Chief Minister, is expected to take another turn, as Maharashtra government may inform the Bombay High Court that CBI had no jurisdiction over the case as the land in question belonged to the state and not Defence Ministry.
Chavan is among the 14 accused in the case in which Union Ministers Vilasrao Deshmukh and Sushilkumar Shinde are also under the scanner.
Bombay High Court is hearing a bunch of public interest litigations seeking the court`s supervision of the probe and the agency had on June 18 assured the Court that it would file a charge sheet in the case before July 4 as the agency had to take prior sanction from the government to prosecute bureaucrats.
The CBI has registered a case on January 29 last year against Chavan and 13 others which included bureaucrats and retired army personnel.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- 15-year old girl stabbed to death in Mumbai
- DU Student Clash : Confrontation among students becomes sensitive, AISA to carry flag march today
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- Gurmehar Kaur controversy: Twitter turns into battleground after Virender Sehwag trolls Kargil martyr's daughter
- Gurmehar Kaur row: Girl who got 'Shiva stole' gift from PM Narendra Modi says she got rape threat from Congress politician