CBI chargesheet in Adarsh scam likely on July 03
Mumbai: The CBI is likely to file its first chargesheet in the Adarsh Housing scam on July 03 against some of the members of the upscale society, 18 months after a case was registered in this connection.
The scam had fuelled a political storm in Maharashtra that led to the resignation of Ashok Chavan as Chief Minister. Chavan is among the 14 accused in the case in which Union Ministers Vilasrao Deshmukh and Sushilkumar Shinde are also under the scanner.
According to official sources, a chargesheet would be filed tomorrow, a day before the case comes up before Bombay High Court which is hearing a bunch of public interest litigations seeking the court`s supervision of the probe.
The CBI on June 18 had assured the High Court that it would file a chargesheet in the case before July 4 as the agency had to take prior sanction from the government to prosecute bureaucrats.
It was expected that the first chargesheet may not name any bureaucrat or public servant as the High Court had suggested to the CBI that it could first file chargesheet against those accused for whom sanction was not required.
"At least file the chargesheet. You (CBI) can procure sanction later for the bureaucrats," a division bench of Justices S A Bobade and Mridula Bhatkar had said on the last date of hearing.
The CBI has registered a case on January 29 last year against Chavan and 13 others which included bureaucrats and retired army personnel.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Russian MP dies while ‘having sex’ inside car - Read
- Modi govt 'promoting Brahmanism' in the name of 'Hindu Rashtravad': Arundhati Roy
- Ban on Salman Rushdie's 'The Satanic Verses' by Rajiv Gandhi govt was a mistake: P Chidambaram