CBI conducts raid at Ordnance factory
Nagpur: The Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) has conducted a raid at the Ordnance Factory at Ambajhari near here in connection with alleged irregularities in the recruitment of labourers, sources said on Monday.
The ordnance factory had issued an advertisement for the recruitment of 250 labourers, CBI sources said.
However, the CBI conducted raids last night after it received complaints of irregularities in the recruitment process. An FIR had been registered in this connection on Saturday.
The raid was conducted at the exam centre and answer sheets of the written examination were recovered from the spot, they said.
A top official of the factory, leader of a trade union in the ordnance factory and an employee have come under the CBI scanner, sources added.
Further investigations are on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore