CBI conducts raid at Ordnance factory
Nagpur: The Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) has conducted a raid at the Ordnance Factory at Ambajhari near here in connection with alleged irregularities in the recruitment of labourers, sources said on Monday.
The ordnance factory had issued an advertisement for the recruitment of 250 labourers, CBI sources said.
However, the CBI conducted raids last night after it received complaints of irregularities in the recruitment process. An FIR had been registered in this connection on Saturday.
The raid was conducted at the exam centre and answer sheets of the written examination were recovered from the spot, they said.
A top official of the factory, leader of a trade union in the ordnance factory and an employee have come under the CBI scanner, sources added.
Further investigations are on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- How will the rift in Samajwadi Party affect UP politics?
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees