CBI court adjourns hearing in Amit Shah`s discharge application
Mumbai: The special CBI court on Wednesday adjourned the hearing in the discharge application of BJP leader Amit Shah, in connection with the alleged fake encounter cases of Shorabbuddin Sheikh and Tulsiram Prajapati, till July 14.
The new judge BH Loya, before whom the case came up for hearing today, adjourned the case.
Meanwhile, Shah is likely to appear before the court on July 4 for the regular hearing.
It can be noted that the previous judge J T Utpat was transferred to Pune on June 25.
The court had on May 9, issued summonses Shah and other accused in the case, which was transferred from Gujarat.
The CBI had charge-sheeted Shah and 18 others,including several police officers in the case, last September.
According to CBI, gangster Sohrabuddin Sheikh, who was claimed to have links to Pakistan-based terror outfit Lashkar-e-Toiba, and his wife Kauser Bi, were abducted by Gujarat`s Anti-Terrorism Squad, when they were on way from Hyderabad to Sangli in Maharashtra and were killed in an alleged fake encounter near Gandhinagar in November 2005.
Tulsiram Prajapati, an eye-witness to the encounter, was killed by police at Chapri village in Banaskantha district of Gujarat in December 2006.
Shah, who was then Minister of State for Home, was allegedly involved in the conspiracy behind both the incidents.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof