CBI files chargesheet in Pune adoption racket
Pune: The CBI has filed a chargesheet
against the Managing Trustee of city-based orphanage Preet
Mandir and five others in connection with an adoption racket.
Special Public Prosecutor Vivek Saxena filed the
chargesheet before Special Judge S N Sardesai yesterday.
Joginder Singh Bhasin, the Managing Trustee of the
foundation, and others have been charged with entering into a
criminal conspiracy to kidnap poor children and give them up
The five others include Joginder`s wife Mahinder, son
Gurpreet (both trustees), Chandrashekhar Admane, social worker
at Preet Mandir and J K Mittal and former Chairman of the
Central Adoption Resource Agency (CARA). The New Delhi-based
CARA is the nodal agency for adoption.
According to the chargesheet, Bhasin was involved in
the illegal trafficking of children and for this purpose had
opened a rehabilitation centre near here in 2004.
In May last year, CBI had said that "between 2002 and
2010, the Managing Trustee entered into criminal conspiracy
with unknown persons and kidnapped the children of poor
families in Maharashtra with a motive to send them for
inter-country adoption to extort money from the adopting
The CBI took up the case on direction of the Bombay
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- Gujarat Dalit protest: After Rahul, Kejriwal to visit violence-hit Una today
- PM Narendra Modi to lay foundation stone of AIIMS in Gorakhpur today
- Rajya Sabha to vote on bill seeking 'special status' for Andhra Pradesh today
- 'Bunty Chor' - Delhi's high-end car thief arrested; BMW, Toyota Fortuner recovered
- Mayawati slur: Dayashankar Singh may surrender today; wife alleges harassment by BSP goons