CBI files closure report in RTI activist Satish Shetty`s murder case
Zee Media Bureau
Pune: The closure report in the murder case of RTI activist Satish Shetty was filed by CBI in Vadgaon Maval Court on Monday.
Shetty was murdered on January 13, 2010 in Pune by unidentified assailants when he had stepped out of his house for morning walk at Talegaon Dabhade town in Pune district.
The unidentified men had attacked him with swords.
A year before he was killed, Shetty had reportedly lodged a complaint with Pune police`s crime branch about an alleged land scam involving IRB chairman Virendra Mhaiskar.
CBI, which was handed over the probe by the Bombay High Court last year, had conducted searches at several places in connection with the murder.
He had also sought police protection as he claimed to have received threats by Mhaiskar.
(With PTI Inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- DNA: 50-lane traffic jam in China during national holiday
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Bihar polls: Two surveys predict majority for Grand Alliance, one give edge to NDA
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest
- Bihar Assembly Elections: Opinion poll predicts absolute majority for Modi-led NDA