CBI files closure report in RTI activist Satish Shetty`s murder case
Zee Media Bureau
Pune: The closure report in the murder case of RTI activist Satish Shetty was filed by CBI in Vadgaon Maval Court on Monday.
Shetty was murdered on January 13, 2010 in Pune by unidentified assailants when he had stepped out of his house for morning walk at Talegaon Dabhade town in Pune district.
The unidentified men had attacked him with swords.
A year before he was killed, Shetty had reportedly lodged a complaint with Pune police`s crime branch about an alleged land scam involving IRB chairman Virendra Mhaiskar.
CBI, which was handed over the probe by the Bombay High Court last year, had conducted searches at several places in connection with the murder.
He had also sought police protection as he claimed to have received threats by Mhaiskar.
(With PTI Inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon wanted to meet his daughter before being hanged
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'