CBI files fresh case against former postmaster gen
Mumbai: In fresh trouble for former Chief
Post Master General of Maharashtra and Goa, Manjit Singh Bali,
CBI has registered a case against him for having assets
disproportionate to his known source of income.
Bali was arrested by CBI on February 25 last year for
allegedly accepting bribe of Rs two crore for issuing a `No
Objection Certificate` for the development of land reserved
for the postal department at Mira Road in neighbouring Thane
district. He is presently out on bail.
"A fresh case has been registered against Bali today for
accumulating assets to the tune of over Rs 94 lakh which are
disproportionate to his known source of income. According to
investigations, Bali had mis-used his official position," a
senior CBI official said.
According to CBI, Bali owns several flats and plots in
Bhopal, Gwalior and Faridabad. The agency had seized foreign
currencies, jewelry and cash of Rs 33 lakh during searches
conducted at his residence.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Son of Kota Central jail prisoner clears IIT entrance exam
- Cabinet approves Act allowing malls, restaurants, theaters to stay open 24×7
- New framework that can predict terrorist attacks developed!
- Actor Irrfan Khan stirs controversy over statement on Ramadan rituals
- Is triple divorce system an infringement of the Indian Constitution?
- Beach fresh in pastel, Priyanka Chopra exhibits simplicity in new magazine cover!
- Terrorists holed up inside building in J&K's Pulwama; 2 killed, encounter underway
- Mrinal Sen is 'absolutely fine'; family rubbishes death hoax
- Seven killed, 15 wounded in two separate road mishaps in Andhra's Prakasam
- PHOTOS: Yuvraj Singh, fiancée Hazel Keech spend quality time in London