CBI files fresh case against former postmaster gen
Mumbai: In fresh trouble for former Chief
Post Master General of Maharashtra and Goa, Manjit Singh Bali,
CBI has registered a case against him for having assets
disproportionate to his known source of income.
Bali was arrested by CBI on February 25 last year for
allegedly accepting bribe of Rs two crore for issuing a `No
Objection Certificate` for the development of land reserved
for the postal department at Mira Road in neighbouring Thane
district. He is presently out on bail.
"A fresh case has been registered against Bali today for
accumulating assets to the tune of over Rs 94 lakh which are
disproportionate to his known source of income. According to
investigations, Bali had mis-used his official position," a
senior CBI official said.
According to CBI, Bali owns several flats and plots in
Bhopal, Gwalior and Faridabad. The agency had seized foreign
currencies, jewelry and cash of Rs 33 lakh during searches
conducted at his residence.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read