CBI files fresh case against former postmaster gen
Mumbai: In fresh trouble for former Chief
Post Master General of Maharashtra and Goa, Manjit Singh Bali,
CBI has registered a case against him for having assets
disproportionate to his known source of income.
Bali was arrested by CBI on February 25 last year for
allegedly accepting bribe of Rs two crore for issuing a `No
Objection Certificate` for the development of land reserved
for the postal department at Mira Road in neighbouring Thane
district. He is presently out on bail.
"A fresh case has been registered against Bali today for
accumulating assets to the tune of over Rs 94 lakh which are
disproportionate to his known source of income. According to
investigations, Bali had mis-used his official position," a
senior CBI official said.
According to CBI, Bali owns several flats and plots in
Bhopal, Gwalior and Faridabad. The agency had seized foreign
currencies, jewelry and cash of Rs 33 lakh during searches
conducted at his residence.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Robert Vadra explains Facebook post, denies insulting Parliament
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- 14-year-old pregnant rape survivor allowed abortion by Supreme Court
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!