CBI files fresh case against former postmaster gen
Mumbai: In fresh trouble for former Chief
Post Master General of Maharashtra and Goa, Manjit Singh Bali,
CBI has registered a case against him for having assets
disproportionate to his known source of income.
Bali was arrested by CBI on February 25 last year for
allegedly accepting bribe of Rs two crore for issuing a `No
Objection Certificate` for the development of land reserved
for the postal department at Mira Road in neighbouring Thane
district. He is presently out on bail.
"A fresh case has been registered against Bali today for
accumulating assets to the tune of over Rs 94 lakh which are
disproportionate to his known source of income. According to
investigations, Bali had mis-used his official position," a
senior CBI official said.
According to CBI, Bali owns several flats and plots in
Bhopal, Gwalior and Faridabad. The agency had seized foreign
currencies, jewelry and cash of Rs 33 lakh during searches
conducted at his residence.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown