CBI files fresh case against former postmaster gen
Mumbai: In fresh trouble for former Chief
Post Master General of Maharashtra and Goa, Manjit Singh Bali,
CBI has registered a case against him for having assets
disproportionate to his known source of income.
Bali was arrested by CBI on February 25 last year for
allegedly accepting bribe of Rs two crore for issuing a `No
Objection Certificate` for the development of land reserved
for the postal department at Mira Road in neighbouring Thane
district. He is presently out on bail.
"A fresh case has been registered against Bali today for
accumulating assets to the tune of over Rs 94 lakh which are
disproportionate to his known source of income. According to
investigations, Bali had mis-used his official position," a
senior CBI official said.
According to CBI, Bali owns several flats and plots in
Bhopal, Gwalior and Faridabad. The agency had seized foreign
currencies, jewelry and cash of Rs 33 lakh during searches
conducted at his residence.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP