CBI should make Patil-Nilangekar accused in Adarsh: PIL
Mumbai: An application filed in the Bomabay High Court has demanded that CBI should make former Maharashtra Chief Minister Shivajirao Patil-Nilangekar an accused in the Adarsh Housing Society scam.
Activist Pravin Wategaonkar, who filed the application in the course of his Public Interest Litigation on Adarsh probe, alleges that Patil, during his tenure as Revenue Minister, granted certain approvals to Adarsh Society illegally.
In return, his son-in-law Arun Dawle was allotted a flat in the plush high-rise in south Mumbai, the application says.
Wategaonkar has relied on an application of CBI in the lower court, seeking the custody of former MLA and Adarsh promoter Kanhaiyalal Gidwani when he was arrested.
"CBI in its remand application said Gidwani had opened an account in Kallappanna Awade Ichalkaranji Janata Sahakari Bank in Sangli under a proxy name, in which huge amounts of cash were deposited by him from time to time.
Most of the amount deposited was then transferred to the accounts of his wife, sons and daughters-in-law and also to the account of M/s Jai Maharashtra in which his sons are directors," the application says.
"The said amounts were used for making payments towards the benami flats booked in Adarsh.
"Arun Dawle, son-in-law of Nilangekar-Patil, received at least Rs 17.60 lakh from the Jai Maharashtra account. Nilangekar misused his official position and showed undue favours to the society. In return, Dawle was alloted flat in the Society," Wategaonkar alleges.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Uttarakhand: BJP MLA Prem Singh Rana insulted during CM Harish Rawat's speech
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- BJP-led NDA predicted to win 147 seats in Bihar Assembly Elections: Survey
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth