CBI should make Patil-Nilangekar accused in Adarsh: PIL
Mumbai: An application filed in the Bomabay High Court has demanded that CBI should make former Maharashtra Chief Minister Shivajirao Patil-Nilangekar an accused in the Adarsh Housing Society scam.
Activist Pravin Wategaonkar, who filed the application in the course of his Public Interest Litigation on Adarsh probe, alleges that Patil, during his tenure as Revenue Minister, granted certain approvals to Adarsh Society illegally.
In return, his son-in-law Arun Dawle was allotted a flat in the plush high-rise in south Mumbai, the application says.
Wategaonkar has relied on an application of CBI in the lower court, seeking the custody of former MLA and Adarsh promoter Kanhaiyalal Gidwani when he was arrested.
"CBI in its remand application said Gidwani had opened an account in Kallappanna Awade Ichalkaranji Janata Sahakari Bank in Sangli under a proxy name, in which huge amounts of cash were deposited by him from time to time.
Most of the amount deposited was then transferred to the accounts of his wife, sons and daughters-in-law and also to the account of M/s Jai Maharashtra in which his sons are directors," the application says.
"The said amounts were used for making payments towards the benami flats booked in Adarsh.
"Arun Dawle, son-in-law of Nilangekar-Patil, received at least Rs 17.60 lakh from the Jai Maharashtra account. Nilangekar misused his official position and showed undue favours to the society. In return, Dawle was alloted flat in the Society," Wategaonkar alleges.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read