CBI to complete Adarsh scam probe in two months
Nagpur: The Central Bureau of Investigation
(CBI) will complete the investigation into the Adarsh Housing
Society scam within two months, a top CBI official said on Friday.
"We will complete the ongoing investigation into the
alleged irregularities in the Adarsh case in Mumbai in two
months and file the chargesheet," CBI Joint Director (West),
Rishiraj Singh, told reporters here today.
He said as part of government initiative in speeding up
trials of CBI cases, six special CBI courts have started
functioning in Maharashtra of which three are in Mumbai, one
each in Pune, Amravati and Nagpur and the seventh court will
come up in Goa shortly.
Singh said west zone of CBI tops in terms of `trap
cases` and 50 out of 118 trap cases in the country were from
Mumbai and 12 were reported from Nagpur.
SP of CBI Thomas John said out of 70 central government
offices, cases pertaining to offices of Income Tax, Central
Excise, BSNL, Western Coalfields, Manganese Ore India, Mineral
Exploration Corporation, Defence, Central Public Works
Department, Indian Bureau of Mines and SAIL were with the CBI
Replying to a question, Singh admitted that Chief
Vigilance Officers attached to central government offices and
PSUs were not responding to the queries and forwarding cases
to CBI as required. This complaint was not confined to Nagpur
but similar situation prevailed in the entire western zone.
CBI DIG Praveen Salunkhe said soon the CBI offices in
west zone will have their own buildings as necessary plots of
land have been allocated.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2, Chennai Super Kings vs Royal Challengers Bangalore: Preview
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) TNBSE Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 declared
- CBSE Class X Results 2015 to be announced today?