CBI to complete Adarsh scam probe in two months
Nagpur: The Central Bureau of Investigation
(CBI) will complete the investigation into the Adarsh Housing
Society scam within two months, a top CBI official said on Friday.
"We will complete the ongoing investigation into the
alleged irregularities in the Adarsh case in Mumbai in two
months and file the chargesheet," CBI Joint Director (West),
Rishiraj Singh, told reporters here today.
He said as part of government initiative in speeding up
trials of CBI cases, six special CBI courts have started
functioning in Maharashtra of which three are in Mumbai, one
each in Pune, Amravati and Nagpur and the seventh court will
come up in Goa shortly.
Singh said west zone of CBI tops in terms of `trap
cases` and 50 out of 118 trap cases in the country were from
Mumbai and 12 were reported from Nagpur.
SP of CBI Thomas John said out of 70 central government
offices, cases pertaining to offices of Income Tax, Central
Excise, BSNL, Western Coalfields, Manganese Ore India, Mineral
Exploration Corporation, Defence, Central Public Works
Department, Indian Bureau of Mines and SAIL were with the CBI
Replying to a question, Singh admitted that Chief
Vigilance Officers attached to central government offices and
PSUs were not responding to the queries and forwarding cases
to CBI as required. This complaint was not confined to Nagpur
but similar situation prevailed in the entire western zone.
CBI DIG Praveen Salunkhe said soon the CBI offices in
west zone will have their own buildings as necessary plots of
land have been allocated.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok