CBI to file charge sheet in youth`s custodial death case
Mumbai: The CBI will tomorrow file a charge
sheet against four police officers for their alleged role in
the custodial death of a 22-year-old at a suburban police lock
up last year.
Four police officers from the suburban Ghatkopar police
station were booked after the death of Altaf Kadir Shaikh
inside the lock-up on September 11 last year. Altaf, a drug
addict and a history sheeter was detained by the police in
connection with a robbery case.
Following Altaf`s death, the case was handed over to the
CBI in November last year after Altaf`s mother Mehrunissa
approached the Bombay High Court alleging that her son was
died due to police torture.
However, the four police officials would not be charged
for murder, a senior CBI official said adding investigations
have revealed that Altaf died due to subarachnoid hemorrhage
caused due to over dose of drug.
The four police officials - police Sub Inspector Sanjay
Khedekar, Head Constable Raghunath Kolekar, Police Naik Sayaji
Thombre and V V Rane - would be charged with voluntarily
causing hurt to extort confession and destruction of evidence.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi