CCTVs for Nashik Kumbh Mela to be installed soon: Patil
Mumbai: As part of the security measures for the 2015 Kumbh Mela in Nashik, CCTV cameras would be installed at the site for the event, Maharashtra Home Minister RR Patil on Thursday assured members of the state Legislative Council here.
Patil was replying to a Calling Attention motion moved by NCP legislator Jayant Jadhav.
"Kumbh Mela is approaching and even the population of Nashik is increasing. The CCTVs should be installed and made functional by next year. If they are made functional just a month before the Kumbh Mela, it won`t prove beneficial," Jadhav said.
He said that the Nashik police commissioner had also requested additional force to maintain law and order during the Kumbh Mela.
In his response, Patil said the government had sanctioned Rs 51 crore for installation of CCTVs in Nashik city which, "will be installed before Kumbh Mela".
A sum of Rs 950 crore has been already sanctioned for the installation of CCTVs in Mumbai and another Rs 338 crore for the same purpose in Pune, Patil said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Sheena case: Indrani quizzed jointly with Peter, denies killing daughter
- PM Modi's Buddha mantra for peace at Global Hindu Buddhist Conclave
- Govt extended last date for e-filing of I-T return to Sept 7
- DNA: Bharat Bandh hits normal life; Bengal, Kerala among most affected
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda