CCTVs for Nashik Kumbh Mela to be installed soon: Patil
Mumbai: As part of the security measures for the 2015 Kumbh Mela in Nashik, CCTV cameras would be installed at the site for the event, Maharashtra Home Minister RR Patil on Thursday assured members of the state Legislative Council here.
Patil was replying to a Calling Attention motion moved by NCP legislator Jayant Jadhav.
"Kumbh Mela is approaching and even the population of Nashik is increasing. The CCTVs should be installed and made functional by next year. If they are made functional just a month before the Kumbh Mela, it won`t prove beneficial," Jadhav said.
He said that the Nashik police commissioner had also requested additional force to maintain law and order during the Kumbh Mela.
In his response, Patil said the government had sanctioned Rs 51 crore for installation of CCTVs in Nashik city which, "will be installed before Kumbh Mela".
A sum of Rs 950 crore has been already sanctioned for the installation of CCTVs in Mumbai and another Rs 338 crore for the same purpose in Pune, Patil said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS