Census 2010: BMC to felicitate fastest 100 enumerators
Mumbai: In order to boost the morale of
enumerators, Municipal Corporation of Greater Mumbai (MCGM),
the census executing agency, is contemplating a public
felicitation for the fastest 100 enumerators.
"During my review meetings, I discovered that few
enumerators had already completed their quota of 150 houses in
less than 15 days. Also, a lot of other enumerators had
completed 50 per cent of their houses, which is surprising,"
Additional Municipal Commissioner Manisha Mhaiskar said.
"We have planned a public felicitation to honour such
enumerators. A memento and a certificate will be awarded to
these enumerators. About 100 enumerators will be selected on
the basis of quickness with which they complete the task,"
There are 28,906 house blocks in the city (one house
block consists of 150 houses). One person will visit 150
homes. About 31,797 enumerators will carry out the survey
She further informed, about three enumerators who have
finished 150 houses in the G North Ward.
The first phase of 15th National Census began from May
1 with house listing and will continue till June 15. The civic
body has started door-to-door process of data collection for
"We need to honour the dedication of enumerators, the
rapidity and their spirit. This will encourage enumerators to
complete the census on schedule," said Mhaiskar. Meanwhile, about 1,000 enumerators have not got their
House lists are the lists, which spell out the houses
to be enumerated by the enumerators. By not having it, they
won`t be able to start work.
"This is because 10 per cent of enumerators have yet
not reported to us. But we are confident that the census will
be completed by June 15," Mhaiskar said.
"National guidelines make it compulsory to finish
phase one by June 15 so we won`t be able to provide these 1000
enumerators with additional time. They will have to finish it
within the same time period," she added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof