Central Rly implements new e-ticket refund system
Nagpur: Central Railway has implemented a new, Advance Coaching Refund System (ACRS) recently to reduce the time taken for e-Tickets refunds.
According to this system, all the e-ticket data is uploaded directly from IRCTC server to ACRS directly and dealt by the refund section in Chief Commercial Manager`s Office, Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminus Mumbai.
The cases, in which the refund amount is sanctioned, it is transferred to IRCTC through pay order for payment to the party and pay orders are made manually.
This has reduced the transaction time from 30 days to 15 days. All e-tickets refund cases will be disposed off within a period of 15 days.
Out of total refund cases, 60% are of e-tickets at present, which constitutes about 2500 cases per month. CR is one of the few railways where Advance Coaching Refund System is implemented, a release from Nagpur division of Central Railway said today.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Safa Baig: What you need to know about Irfan Pathan's lady love