Central Rly implements new e-ticket refund system
Nagpur: Central Railway has implemented a new, Advance Coaching Refund System (ACRS) recently to reduce the time taken for e-Tickets refunds.
According to this system, all the e-ticket data is uploaded directly from IRCTC server to ACRS directly and dealt by the refund section in Chief Commercial Manager`s Office, Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminus Mumbai.
The cases, in which the refund amount is sanctioned, it is transferred to IRCTC through pay order for payment to the party and pay orders are made manually.
This has reduced the transaction time from 30 days to 15 days. All e-tickets refund cases will be disposed off within a period of 15 days.
Out of total refund cases, 60% are of e-tickets at present, which constitutes about 2500 cases per month. CR is one of the few railways where Advance Coaching Refund System is implemented, a release from Nagpur division of Central Railway said today.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state