Central Rly implements new e-ticket refund system
Nagpur: Central Railway has implemented a new, Advance Coaching Refund System (ACRS) recently to reduce the time taken for e-Tickets refunds.
According to this system, all the e-ticket data is uploaded directly from IRCTC server to ACRS directly and dealt by the refund section in Chief Commercial Manager`s Office, Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminus Mumbai.
The cases, in which the refund amount is sanctioned, it is transferred to IRCTC through pay order for payment to the party and pay orders are made manually.
This has reduced the transaction time from 30 days to 15 days. All e-tickets refund cases will be disposed off within a period of 15 days.
Out of total refund cases, 60% are of e-tickets at present, which constitutes about 2500 cases per month. CR is one of the few railways where Advance Coaching Refund System is implemented, a release from Nagpur division of Central Railway said today.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Exclusive chat with Ranchi's visually challenged singer Tumpa Kumari
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- 'Second Hand Husband' review: Fails to impress