Central team to assess damage caused by hailstorms: Maharashtra CM
Mumbai: Maharashtra Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan on Monday said a team of experts from the Centre would arrive soon in the state to assess the crop damage caused by hailstorms in various parts.
Chavan told a news agency that he has spoken to the Union Government seeking maximum compensation to the hailstorms-affected people in various parts of Marathwada, Vidarbha and in some parts of western Maharashtra, where crops have been hit.
"I have also spoken to the Election Commission regarding giving compensation to farmers," he said.
The issue will also be discussed in the Cabinet meet, Chavan said.
A meeting in this regard was held at Vidhan Bhawan here, which was attended by MPCC chief Manikrao Thakre, EGS Minister Nitin Raut among others.
Sources said that Raut also urged Chavan to waive off the electricity bills of the affected farmers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!