Central team to assess damage caused by hailstorms: Maharashtra CM
Mumbai: Maharashtra Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan on Monday said a team of experts from the Centre would arrive soon in the state to assess the crop damage caused by hailstorms in various parts.
Chavan told a news agency that he has spoken to the Union Government seeking maximum compensation to the hailstorms-affected people in various parts of Marathwada, Vidarbha and in some parts of western Maharashtra, where crops have been hit.
"I have also spoken to the Election Commission regarding giving compensation to farmers," he said.
The issue will also be discussed in the Cabinet meet, Chavan said.
A meeting in this regard was held at Vidhan Bhawan here, which was attended by MPCC chief Manikrao Thakre, EGS Minister Nitin Raut among others.
Sources said that Raut also urged Chavan to waive off the electricity bills of the affected farmers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- Asafa Powell fills Usain Bolt`s shoes and targets personal best
- WATCH: Roger Federer mesmerizes centre court crowd with a 'tweener lob'