Central team to assess damage caused by hailstorms: Maharashtra CM
Mumbai: Maharashtra Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan on Monday said a team of experts from the Centre would arrive soon in the state to assess the crop damage caused by hailstorms in various parts.
Chavan told a news agency that he has spoken to the Union Government seeking maximum compensation to the hailstorms-affected people in various parts of Marathwada, Vidarbha and in some parts of western Maharashtra, where crops have been hit.
"I have also spoken to the Election Commission regarding giving compensation to farmers," he said.
The issue will also be discussed in the Cabinet meet, Chavan said.
A meeting in this regard was held at Vidhan Bhawan here, which was attended by MPCC chief Manikrao Thakre, EGS Minister Nitin Raut among others.
Sources said that Raut also urged Chavan to waive off the electricity bills of the affected farmers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Safa Baig: What you need to know about Irfan Pathan's lady love
- Anushka Sharma slaps ‘Sultan’ Salman Khan?
- Katrina Kaif’s views on ‘intolerance’ in the country - Here's what the actress said