Centre not able to handle security problems: Ram Naik
Ratnagiri: The UPA government at the Centre is facing major problems of internal and external security and inflation but is not able to tackle them, senior BJP leader Ram Naik said on Sunday.
"The government is not able to handle internal and external security problems properly. The government is not functioning well," Naik told reporters at Chiplun near here, without elaborating on it further.
Naik`s statement comes in the backdrop of the twin blasts which rocked Hyderabad on February 21 in which 16 people were killed and 117 injured.
Comparing the situation in the country today with that during the NDA government, the former Union Minister said, "When NDA was in power, these problems were not so much, but now they have increased because the government has no concrete policies to control all these things," Naik lamented.
The prices of petrol, diesel and LPG were increasing because of "wrong policies" adopted by the present UPA government, the 78-year-old former Petroleum Minister said.
"Diesel is costlier for public transports and cheaper for private vehicles. This is all due to wrong policies and decisions taken by the government," he alleged.
These things will surely reflect in the next general elections, he said claiming that the BJP-led NDA will come to power at the Centre during the 2014 polls.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read