Centre not able to handle security problems: Ram Naik
Ratnagiri: The UPA government at the Centre is facing major problems of internal and external security and inflation but is not able to tackle them, senior BJP leader Ram Naik said on Sunday.
"The government is not able to handle internal and external security problems properly. The government is not functioning well," Naik told reporters at Chiplun near here, without elaborating on it further.
Naik`s statement comes in the backdrop of the twin blasts which rocked Hyderabad on February 21 in which 16 people were killed and 117 injured.
Comparing the situation in the country today with that during the NDA government, the former Union Minister said, "When NDA was in power, these problems were not so much, but now they have increased because the government has no concrete policies to control all these things," Naik lamented.
The prices of petrol, diesel and LPG were increasing because of "wrong policies" adopted by the present UPA government, the 78-year-old former Petroleum Minister said.
"Diesel is costlier for public transports and cheaper for private vehicles. This is all due to wrong policies and decisions taken by the government," he alleged.
These things will surely reflect in the next general elections, he said claiming that the BJP-led NDA will come to power at the Centre during the 2014 polls.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others as Gujjar agitation continues
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Pakistan criticizes Defence Minister Parrikar's terrorism remarks
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year