Chandgad Assembly by-poll: NCP`s Kupekar wins
Kolhapur: NCP candidate Sandhyadevi Babasaheb Kupekar on Thursday won the Chandgad Assembly seat by-election in Maharashtra`s Kolhapur district by a margin of 24,847 votes.
The by-poll was necessitated following the death of sitting NCP MLA Babasaheb Kupekar in September last year.
The voting for the by-poll had taken place on February 24, for which only three candidates had filed their nomination.
Apart from Sandhyadevi, Rajendra Shamrav Gaddyanwar was the candidate of Swabhimani Shetkari Sangathana, while Sunil Arjun Shintre contested on a Shiv Sena ticket.
Sandhyadevi, the wife of Babasaheb Kupekar, won the seat against her nearest rival Gaddyanwar.
Sandhyadevi polled 93,486 votes, while Gaddyanwar got 68,639 votes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over SP leader Azam Khan's controversial remark on Muslim population
- Former CM Panneerselvam demands secret voting in Tamil Nadu Assembly
- Exclusive: In conversation with Rajnath Singh, Union Home Minister
- DMK, Congress will vote against government formation in Tamil Nadu
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowance Committee likely to submit report on 20 February
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO