Chandgad Assembly by-poll: NCP`s Kupekar wins
Kolhapur: NCP candidate Sandhyadevi Babasaheb Kupekar on Thursday won the Chandgad Assembly seat by-election in Maharashtra`s Kolhapur district by a margin of 24,847 votes.
The by-poll was necessitated following the death of sitting NCP MLA Babasaheb Kupekar in September last year.
The voting for the by-poll had taken place on February 24, for which only three candidates had filed their nomination.
Apart from Sandhyadevi, Rajendra Shamrav Gaddyanwar was the candidate of Swabhimani Shetkari Sangathana, while Sunil Arjun Shintre contested on a Shiv Sena ticket.
Sandhyadevi, the wife of Babasaheb Kupekar, won the seat against her nearest rival Gaddyanwar.
Sandhyadevi polled 93,486 votes, while Gaddyanwar got 68,639 votes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- IND vs AUS, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'
- Indian man Srinivas Kuchibhotla shot dead in Kansas bar while watching basketball game - Know what happened