Chandgad Assembly by-poll: NCP`s Kupekar wins
Kolhapur: NCP candidate Sandhyadevi Babasaheb Kupekar on Thursday won the Chandgad Assembly seat by-election in Maharashtra`s Kolhapur district by a margin of 24,847 votes.
The by-poll was necessitated following the death of sitting NCP MLA Babasaheb Kupekar in September last year.
The voting for the by-poll had taken place on February 24, for which only three candidates had filed their nomination.
Apart from Sandhyadevi, Rajendra Shamrav Gaddyanwar was the candidate of Swabhimani Shetkari Sangathana, while Sunil Arjun Shintre contested on a Shiv Sena ticket.
Sandhyadevi, the wife of Babasaheb Kupekar, won the seat against her nearest rival Gaddyanwar.
Sandhyadevi polled 93,486 votes, while Gaddyanwar got 68,639 votes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Vijender Singh turns professional boxer, to miss 2016 Rio Olympics
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional