Changed times: Sheila, Jalebi Bai on Sena menu
Mumbai: Not too long ago the Shiv Sena brigade used to go on a rampage on the occasion of Valentines’ Day, damaging shops selling greeting cards and attacking couples in parks and elsewhere. It seems the party has now decided to groove with the times.
At a function held on Monday in Sion to mark the first anniversary of Shiv Sena’s youth-wing, the Yuva Sena, those present at Shanmukhananda Hall were treated to raunchy dance numbers by skimpily-clad women. Sheila ki jawani..., Jalebi bai...the dancers ‘entertained’ the guests, including Sena working president Uddhav Thackeray.
And, apparently, not to offend the ‘Marathi Manoos’ sentiment some Marathi dance numbers were also performed.
Adding to the glamour quotient were disco lights and a whistling audience packed to capacity in the auditorium.
The dias on which dancers ‘entertained’ the crowd had larger than life images of Sena chief Bal Thackeray, his son Uddhav and grandson Aditya, who heads the youth wing.
Later, when asked whether the raunchy dance-fest indicated a departure for the Shiv Sena, which once claimed itself to be the custodian of Indian and Marathi culture, Uddhav chose to stay mum.
He, however, did tell the crowd that the changes had become necessary.
“Times have changed and you have to talk with the youth in their language. I am happy with their progress,” Uddhav was quoted as saying by a newspaper.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- No alliance with JD-U in Bihar: BJP
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others as Gujjar agitation continues