Charge sheet in German Bakery case likely tomorrow
Mumbai: Maharashtra`s Anti-Terrorism Squad
(ATS) is likely to file a charge sheet tomorrow in the Pune`s
German Bakery bomb blast case against seven people, including
the lone arrested Himayat Baig, allegedly involved in the
terror attack that left 17 people dead in February this year.
Accused of being an operative of banned Indian
Mujahideen terror outfit, Baig, who was arrested on September
seven this year, is expected to be charged with murder and
waging war against the country under the Indian Penal Code and
various others sections of Unlawful Activities (Prevention)
Act and Explosive Substances Act, along with six others who
are absconding, official sources said here.
The charge sheet, which will be filed in the
designated court at Pune, may also contain details of the
financial transactions made by Baig along with six others
including Mohammed Zarar alias Yaseen Bhatkal, who hails from
Karnataka, and Mohsin Chowdhary, a resident of Pune.
A bomb ripped through the premises of the German
Bakery in Pune and killed 17 people besides injured 65 others
on February 13.
A mobile phone alarm was used as the timer. Among the
17 dead were four foreigners- an Italian, an Iranian and two
Immediately after the blast, the ATS claimed it to be
the handiwork of Indian Mujahideen along with Pakistan-based
While the Pune Bar Association had announced that it
would not allow any lawyer to defend Baig in court, Advocate A
Rehman has stepped forward to contest the case.
When contacted earlier, Rehman had told PTI that he
would like the ATS to file the charge sheet first so that he
was sure of what his client has been accused of.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply