Charges against Dossa diluted, now booked for hurting Salem
Mumbai: The police have diluted charges
against Mustafa Dossa, a close aide of Dawood Ibrahim, who had
allegedly attacked extradited gangster Abu Salem in a jail and
now booked him only for hurting Salem.
Initially, the police had registered a case of attempt to
murder against Dossa. However, the 130-page chargesheet filed
by the crime branch of city police has now charged Dossa for
lesser charge of causing hurt and injury to Salem.
On July 24, Dossa and his aide Abdul Qayyum had
allegedly attacked Salem with a sharp object inside the Arthur
road prison in central Mumbai, after an altercation.
Following the attack, Dossa was shifted to Thane prison
while Salem was transferred to Taloja jail in Navi Mumbai.
The Crime Branch on Thursday filed its chargesheet
against Dossa and Qayyum and have charged them under sections
323 (voluntarily causing hurt), 324 (causing hurt by dangerous
weapons), 504 (intentional insult with intent to provoke
breach of peace) and 506 (criminal intimidation).
The chargesheet names 17 witnesses including eye
witnesses like Riyaz Siddiqui, an accused in the 1993 serial
bomb blasts case and Mehendi Hassan, an accused in the builder
Pradeep Jain murder case.
Dossa had earlier approached the Bombay High Court
seeking to quash the First Information Report. However, he had
later withdrawn the petition.
Dossa, Qayyum and Salem are facing trial in the 1993
blasts case before a special TADA court.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only?
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part II
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part III
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part IV
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- F1 radio ban: FIA tightens rules on controversial communication rules before Hungarian GP
- Reduced oxygen can cause childhood heart disease
- Premier Futsal: Goa 5's outclass Bengaluru 5's 3-0, seal semi-final spot
- Scientists reconstruct detailed 3D eyes from single photo
- Santander pips BBVA: Eurozone`s largest bank becomes La Liga's newest sponsors