Charges against Dossa diluted, now booked for hurting Salem
Mumbai: The police have diluted charges
against Mustafa Dossa, a close aide of Dawood Ibrahim, who had
allegedly attacked extradited gangster Abu Salem in a jail and
now booked him only for hurting Salem.
Initially, the police had registered a case of attempt to
murder against Dossa. However, the 130-page chargesheet filed
by the crime branch of city police has now charged Dossa for
lesser charge of causing hurt and injury to Salem.
On July 24, Dossa and his aide Abdul Qayyum had
allegedly attacked Salem with a sharp object inside the Arthur
road prison in central Mumbai, after an altercation.
Following the attack, Dossa was shifted to Thane prison
while Salem was transferred to Taloja jail in Navi Mumbai.
The Crime Branch on Thursday filed its chargesheet
against Dossa and Qayyum and have charged them under sections
323 (voluntarily causing hurt), 324 (causing hurt by dangerous
weapons), 504 (intentional insult with intent to provoke
breach of peace) and 506 (criminal intimidation).
The chargesheet names 17 witnesses including eye
witnesses like Riyaz Siddiqui, an accused in the 1993 serial
bomb blasts case and Mehendi Hassan, an accused in the builder
Pradeep Jain murder case.
Dossa had earlier approached the Bombay High Court
seeking to quash the First Information Report. However, he had
later withdrawn the petition.
Dossa, Qayyum and Salem are facing trial in the 1993
blasts case before a special TADA court.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi