Chargesheet filed in Farid Tanasha murder case
Mumbai: Police on Monday filed chargesheet against 11 arrested persons under the stringent MCOCA and other Acts in the murder case of gangster Chhota Rajan`s suspected aide Farid Tanasha.
The 11 accused have been charged under the stringent provisions of Maharashtra Control of Organised Crime Act (MCOCA), various sections of IPC and Arms Act. On June 2, Tanasha was shot dead by two sharp shooters at his residence in Tilak Nagar in suburban Chembur.
According to the chargesheet, a local builder had approached gangster Bharat Nepali to murder Tanasha as he had a feud with him regarding redevelopment of a building in Tilak Nagar.
Nepali and three others have been shown as absconding accused in the chargesheet.
The 4,620-page chargesheet also includes the statements of 168 witnesses, including eye-witnesses.
The eleven who have been accused are Zaffar Khan alias Abbas, Mohammed Saqib Khan, Raviprakash Singh alias Twinkle, Pankaj Singh, Randhir Singh alias Nikhil, Mohammed Rafiq Shaikh alias Shankar, Dattatray Bhakre, Ravindra Warerkar,
Vishwanath Shetty , Rajeev Chavan and Laljibhai Bhandari.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Parliament deadlock: BJP says blame Sonia if Monsoon Session washed out, calls Congress 'confused'