Chargesheet filed in Farid Tanasha murder case
Mumbai: Police on Monday filed chargesheet against 11 arrested persons under the stringent MCOCA and other Acts in the murder case of gangster Chhota Rajan`s suspected aide Farid Tanasha.
The 11 accused have been charged under the stringent provisions of Maharashtra Control of Organised Crime Act (MCOCA), various sections of IPC and Arms Act. On June 2, Tanasha was shot dead by two sharp shooters at his residence in Tilak Nagar in suburban Chembur.
According to the chargesheet, a local builder had approached gangster Bharat Nepali to murder Tanasha as he had a feud with him regarding redevelopment of a building in Tilak Nagar.
Nepali and three others have been shown as absconding accused in the chargesheet.
The 4,620-page chargesheet also includes the statements of 168 witnesses, including eye-witnesses.
The eleven who have been accused are Zaffar Khan alias Abbas, Mohammed Saqib Khan, Raviprakash Singh alias Twinkle, Pankaj Singh, Randhir Singh alias Nikhil, Mohammed Rafiq Shaikh alias Shankar, Dattatray Bhakre, Ravindra Warerkar,
Vishwanath Shetty , Rajeev Chavan and Laljibhai Bhandari.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM
- Should there be strict laws against cow slaughter? Uttar Pradesh CM Yogi Adityanath seeks public opinion