Chargesheet filed in Farid Tanasha murder case
Mumbai: Police on Monday filed chargesheet against 11 arrested persons under the stringent MCOCA and other Acts in the murder case of gangster Chhota Rajan`s suspected aide Farid Tanasha.
The 11 accused have been charged under the stringent provisions of Maharashtra Control of Organised Crime Act (MCOCA), various sections of IPC and Arms Act. On June 2, Tanasha was shot dead by two sharp shooters at his residence in Tilak Nagar in suburban Chembur.
According to the chargesheet, a local builder had approached gangster Bharat Nepali to murder Tanasha as he had a feud with him regarding redevelopment of a building in Tilak Nagar.
Nepali and three others have been shown as absconding accused in the chargesheet.
The 4,620-page chargesheet also includes the statements of 168 witnesses, including eye-witnesses.
The eleven who have been accused are Zaffar Khan alias Abbas, Mohammed Saqib Khan, Raviprakash Singh alias Twinkle, Pankaj Singh, Randhir Singh alias Nikhil, Mohammed Rafiq Shaikh alias Shankar, Dattatray Bhakre, Ravindra Warerkar,
Vishwanath Shetty , Rajeev Chavan and Laljibhai Bhandari.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- Does religion teach gender discrimination?
- Does religion teach gender discrimination? - Part III
- DNA: Siachen survivor Hanumanthappa fights for life as India prays for him
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!