Chargesheet filed in July 31 Shakti Mills gang-rape case
Mumbai: The police on Tuesday filed a chargesheet, against four accused in connection with the July 31 gang-rape of an 18-year-old telephone operator on the premises of Shakti Mills compound here.
Besides the statements of 56 witnesses, the 362-page chargesheet also includes the statement of the victim, which is recorded under the provisions of section 164 of Criminal Procedure Code (CrPC) by a magistrate, besides the statements of her male friend and her mother.
The accused viz, Mohammed Ashfaq Sheikh, Kasim Bengali, Salim Ansari and Vijay Jadhav, have been booked on the charges of gangrape, unnatural sex, criminal conspiracy, common intention and criminal intimidation besides other sections.
Three of the accused in the July 31 case are also allegedly involved in the August 22 gang-rape of a 23-year-old photojournalist in the same premises.
The photojournalist, an intern with an English magazine, was allegedly raped by five persons, including a juvenile, when she had gone to the Shakti Mills with her male colleague for an assignment.
Meanwhile, Additional Metropolitan Magistrate U M Padwad has transferred the case for trial to the sessions court.
The case is likely to come up for hearing on October 10.
The prosecution is also likely to submit draft charges to the sessions court on October 10 in the photojournalist gang-rape case. The chargesheet in the August 22 case was filed on September 19.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally - Part II
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally - Part III
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally - Part IV
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally - Part V
- CBSE Class 10th Results 2016: (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) CBSE 10th result 2016, CBSE Class 10th X Results 2016, CBSE Board 10th Class results to be declared today
- Watch video: Zeus the husky throws the most priceless tantrum; refuses get off the couch!
- Five killed as boiler bursts in private chemical company in Dombivli township
- HRD Ministry directs UGC to amend regulations regarding workload of teachers
- PM Modi-led govt completes two years; Facebook tracks his journey on social media