Charu Deshpande suicide: Grilling by Mumbai Police
Jamshedpur: Mumbai Police has questioned officials of Tata Steel in connection with the suicide of the company`s former chief of Corporate Communication, Charudutta Deshpande.
The interrogation by a six-member team headed by Deputy Superintendent of Police Deepak Deoraj lasted for about 13 hours till last mid night.
The questioning followed a nine-hour-long interrogation of the employees of the steel major`s Corporate Communication department here on Monday.
"We have interrogated vice-president rank officials as well as others including officers of the department from Odisha and Kolkata, besides Jamshedpur," Deoraj said without divulging whom they had questioned.
The questioning could continue today also.
Devraj parried questions on whether any clue was achieved during the interrogation.
Maharashtra Home Minister R R Patil had ordered Mumbai Crime Branch chief Himanshu Roy to probe the alleged suicide of Deshpande (57), who was found hanging at his Vasai home on June 28.
There were allegations that Deshpande killed himself following harassment by the employees of Tata Steel.
A departmental inquiry into the circumstances leading to Deshpande`s death has also been ordered by Tata Group chairman Cyrus Mistry.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Woman dies under mysterious circumstances in west Delhi
- Roopanwal commission submits report on Rohith Vemula suicide
- Delhi Home Min to attend Mother Teresa's sainthood ceremony in Vatican
- Arun Jaitley not to attend SAARC meet in Pakistan: Report
- Centre okays NIA probe into cases of missing from Kerala