Chavan assures adequate security after Headley`s revelations
Nagpur: Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan
on Thursday assured of adequate security arrangements in Maharashtra
in the wake of testimony by the 26/11 accused, David Coleman
Headley, about Shiv Sena chief Bal Thackeray.
"Headly had revealed in Chicago that Thackeray was also a
target of Pakistan intelligence agency ISI and the Indian
government was awaiting details from the US government through
official channels about the exact plot but at the same time
Maharashtra government was reviewing security arrangements of
individuals including Thackeray," Chavan told reporters on the
sidelines of a function here.
The state government has been in constant touch with
Centre and is sharing intelligence "even on hourly basis" and
there was "nothing to worry". After the 26/11 Mumbai terror
attacks, the Maharashtra government has geared it up to face
any challenges, he added.
On a Rs 11 crore bill submitted by the ITBP, guarding
Ajmal Kasab in Mumbai, Chavan said there was no controversy
over the payment of paid-security for Kasab, adding, "I will
talk to authorities in Delhi and settle the issue".
Chavan informed the state government has introduced a
panel system to split Prabhags into two wards in municipal
corporations and four wards at council levels, ahead of the
2012 civic polls.
The Chief Minister dismissed reports of any rift with
the NCP over the MCB issue. "No one should read more into
Deputy Chief Minister Ajit Pawar`s absence today for
inauguration of divisional sports complex in city," he said.
On filling up lone Rajya Sabha seat in Maharashtra,
Chavan said the decision will be taken by the party high
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery