Chavan assures adequate security after Headley`s revelations
Nagpur: Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan
on Thursday assured of adequate security arrangements in Maharashtra
in the wake of testimony by the 26/11 accused, David Coleman
Headley, about Shiv Sena chief Bal Thackeray.
"Headly had revealed in Chicago that Thackeray was also a
target of Pakistan intelligence agency ISI and the Indian
government was awaiting details from the US government through
official channels about the exact plot but at the same time
Maharashtra government was reviewing security arrangements of
individuals including Thackeray," Chavan told reporters on the
sidelines of a function here.
The state government has been in constant touch with
Centre and is sharing intelligence "even on hourly basis" and
there was "nothing to worry". After the 26/11 Mumbai terror
attacks, the Maharashtra government has geared it up to face
any challenges, he added.
On a Rs 11 crore bill submitted by the ITBP, guarding
Ajmal Kasab in Mumbai, Chavan said there was no controversy
over the payment of paid-security for Kasab, adding, "I will
talk to authorities in Delhi and settle the issue".
Chavan informed the state government has introduced a
panel system to split Prabhags into two wards in municipal
corporations and four wards at council levels, ahead of the
2012 civic polls.
The Chief Minister dismissed reports of any rift with
the NCP over the MCB issue. "No one should read more into
Deputy Chief Minister Ajit Pawar`s absence today for
inauguration of divisional sports complex in city," he said.
On filling up lone Rajya Sabha seat in Maharashtra,
Chavan said the decision will be taken by the party high
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 may not be announced today
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- Don't know what will happen to my career, says Ranbir Kapoor
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Brilliant execution, superb performance!
- Osama files show an "Indian brother in Madinah” financed al Qaeda
- Manohar Parrikar meets troops at Siachen base camp