Chavan assures security for `Vishwaroopam` release
Mumbai: Maharashtra Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan on Friday said that adequate security arrangements have been made for Kamal Haasan`s controversial film `Vishwaroopam`, which released here on Friday.
"Necessary security will be provided," Chavan told reporters.
He has held detailed discussions on the law and order situation with the police in this regard.
Earlier, Chavan inaugurated a video conferencing facility with district unit chiefs of Raigad, Akola, Jalgaon, Ratnagiri, Aurangabad, Nagpur, Nanded, Sangli, Solapur, Satara and Pune at Tilak Bhavan, the party headquarters in Mumbai.
He discussed drought-relief measures and organisational matters of the party during the three-hour long video conferencing session.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'