Chavan assures security for `Vishwaroopam` release
Mumbai: Maharashtra Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan on Friday said that adequate security arrangements have been made for Kamal Haasan`s controversial film `Vishwaroopam`, which released here on Friday.
"Necessary security will be provided," Chavan told reporters.
He has held detailed discussions on the law and order situation with the police in this regard.
Earlier, Chavan inaugurated a video conferencing facility with district unit chiefs of Raigad, Akola, Jalgaon, Ratnagiri, Aurangabad, Nagpur, Nanded, Sangli, Solapur, Satara and Pune at Tilak Bhavan, the party headquarters in Mumbai.
He discussed drought-relief measures and organisational matters of the party during the three-hour long video conferencing session.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch - Parrikar's reply to Mamata's military coup claim
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'