Chavan assures security for `Vishwaroopam` release
Mumbai: Maharashtra Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan on Friday said that adequate security arrangements have been made for Kamal Haasan`s controversial film `Vishwaroopam`, which released here on Friday.
"Necessary security will be provided," Chavan told reporters.
He has held detailed discussions on the law and order situation with the police in this regard.
Earlier, Chavan inaugurated a video conferencing facility with district unit chiefs of Raigad, Akola, Jalgaon, Ratnagiri, Aurangabad, Nagpur, Nanded, Sangli, Solapur, Satara and Pune at Tilak Bhavan, the party headquarters in Mumbai.
He discussed drought-relief measures and organisational matters of the party during the three-hour long video conferencing session.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal